Parents of the HS Class of 2017 (Part 1)

Oh my gosh, congratulations <:-P @itsgettingreal17 !!!

@itsgettingreal17 You alone are giving me carpel tunnel with all your announcements! Suffice to say I ‘Like’ all the rest of your announcements, okay? I’ve got no more likes to give! Crikey!

:smiley: No, really, congrats.

OK, I’ll post a little good news. My daughter has driven two days in a Midwestern snowstorm with no accidents! :O)

@MACncheez I literally LOLed! :))

@itsgettingreal17 – wow! Congratulations! <:-P <:-P <:-P

@MACncheez! My D17 got her driver’s license less than a week ago–just in time for all the snow and ice! Really, really hoping I can say the same thing this winter!

@MACncheez, that may be the biggest-deal good news yet!

(…says the guy whose daughter recently managed to put his insurance company on the hook for about $12k in property damage.)

Wow, @itsgettingreal17 , what a day your family is having! Congrats!

@SincererLove - So sorry to hear about CalTech (you know I’ve been rooting for Cali schools for your D (and I still think she should think about Mudd…)

Congrats to @snoozn and @itsgettingreal17 and anybody else I’ve missed.

And big hugs for those that were denied/deferred.

@novicemom23kids - that seems incredibly unfair, especially having discussed it beforehand. I would’ve fought that one. Glad it didn’t end up being a big deal.

@STEM2017 - thank you for sharing…you’ve got one brave S.

Dang @itsgettingreal17 congrats to her <:-P

And they’re calling all 52 finalists this weekend. Quick turnaround from this past weekend!

I think students who don’t get the scholarship would prefer to hear via email. Awkward. Fingers crossed for your D!!!

Speaking of awkward, D has been getting calls from schools she was originally considering but fell off the list. Very awkward!

^^Last year one of the winners was called during the middle of church :))

Yeah, very awkward. The head guy acknowledged that yesterday.

A double woo hoo congrats to your D @itsgettingreal17

less than 24 hrs for lottery EA!

Caller ID has been our friend these past couple weeks. B-)

@srk2017 - Good Luck! - Which School? S17 should hear from his total reach REA - Notre Dame. Speculation on CC is that decisions could come out tonight.

@jpc763 - Thanks. Harvard!

I will be hearing about our decision for dinner in about 1 hour: Homemade chili or going out to eat.

ETA: In our house, ED refers to Eat Dinner.

@MACncheez - I thought you guys are locked in due to snow :slight_smile:

@MACncheez Our dinner is being picked up at Costco soon!