Parents of the HS Class of 2017 (Part 1)

Tufts is today.

Good luck @Dolemite !

Looks like MIT is today as well.

Lot of schools today and Hopkins tomorrow. Our early was done, just waiting for kids from DS’s school (MIT) and friend’s daughter for Hopkins. Our weight is for BSMD interview notifications now and they have their own schedules. going to be looooooooong process for us.

Northeastern EA may be today, no one is sure yet. I don’t know how hard it is for an admissions person to at least Tweet/Facebook what their intentions are. It’s annoying.

Dickinson announced a little bit ago.

D says a friend is waiting for Rochester today.

@Dolemite - I hear you! I’ll be exercising great restraint in another 50 minutes for Yale results.

I will be waiting for Amazon to announce that they delivered my package.

Waiting to hear rest of today’s results from y’all.
Man, it’s cold in New York.

@MACncheez -lol

Hopefully it’ll be a cold day in NY when our children are admitted to their EA school.

Good flippin’ LUCK!!! Hope you all get in with full rides! :slight_smile:

Son got deferred from Northeastern. Oh well, he took it fine. I don;t think it was his top choice anyways. On to the next one. He texted his 2 friends with similar stats, deferred too. I thought he had a decent chance, GPA and scores fine, but class rank only so so. On Naviance he was definitely in the good zone, he had lots of biz related classes and EC’s, but I think they are very concerned with a rank not in top 10 percent.

Boston College at 6:00 EST today.

@MotherOfDragons, I understand Fit for the dog, but what prestigious breed is it? We can start that whole discussion. :)) I think MAC would be a good name for a male dog, and CC for a girl.

@RightCoaster, sorry for the deferral. Some schools defer many, and take them later. I hope this is the case for your S.

Colorado College ED is supposed to be announced today too.

Thanks @BigPapiofthree, I know you went thru this last week, along with others on here. He’s not rejected, so that’s good. We’ll see what happens, he has some schools on the list that are well suited for him. I guess NEU really defers an enormous amount of kids from their EA pool, they take the cream of the crop though.

@RightCoaster ughh…from everything I’ve read about Northeastern, your sons stats looked great!! Glad he took it well.

Still waiting here in Texas. She has shown the school zero love except the application so I’m not expecting much.

In at SDSU today. 99 percent sure that will not happen, but with California schools being due so early we needed that safety!

@RightCoaster sorry to hear that, better than denied but it does drag it out. Hopefully a top choice comes through.

@VickiSoCal congrats. So many great options but it is nice to have that safety!