Parents of the HS Class of 2017 (Part 1)

@paveyourpath - what a story!

It seems like the important appropriate punishment is that Wicked Girl’s college(s) of choice should be made aware of what she did, by GC of current school. (Is it possible that WG lied and didn’t really send claimed letter?)

And of course GC should contact Prankster Boy’s school, find out about the letter, and give them the scoop.

So can you continue / clarify what happened? I think you’re implying that you think Wicked Girl was rejected from her ED school. What about Prankster Boy? Did WG succeed in getting him rejected?

Keep us informed!! A soap opera is the perfect thing to distract us from the waiting game.

ds accepted at Fordham today. It’s way down on his list but still nice to get the acceptance.

D received acceptance to Ole Miss’ honors college today.

@LoveTheBard @biotechgirl2 @itsgettingreal @Collegecue

CONGRATS!

I’m working on catching up on 7 pages, but DS17 was deferred from MIT. :expressionless:

Son got into Amherst ED. Athlete with coaches support. So happy!!! Never would have been accepted otherwise.

DS - Accepted into Northeastern Honors with a scholarship. I am happy bc this could be a good place for him - have to visit again though! Deferred from MIT - as expected. @Ynotgo – If your DS did not make it in I can only imagine the students who were accepted. Good luck to you and others hoping for it to work out.

@biotechgirl2 @itsgettingreal @LoveTheBard @Collegecue @Millie16

Congratulations!!!

@CA1543 - Congratulations!!

Ah, MIT is not to be.

It popped up while we were eating dinner. She’s good with it, we’re a weird mix of sad and relieved.

Congrats @ACT2017 @VickiSoCal @LoveTheBard @Biotechgirl @Collegecue @itsgettingreal17 @Millie16

Hugs to @RightCoaster @Testingearly @stlarenas @MotherOfDragons Hugs to all of us! Tomorrow is another day.

Both congrats and hugs for @CA1543

D17 accepted to BC Honors and deferred from MIT. Not very happy, BC was thrown on her list by her CC and holds no interest for D.

Congrats on the awesome acceptances today and vibes to everyone deferred into RD.

My son said he has 2 friends in his AP Gov class that got into Stanford and Harvard. Pretty good!

2 more kids that son is friends with deferred from NEU, so 5 in total. Son seems to think all of them had similar stats 1400 and up/ 32 and up, , multiple APs/Honors, decent ECs. I’m not is shock really, I said it was 50/50 for him, but to see all of his friends get deferred makes me think something is not quite right. Hopefully they’ll all get better news in the next few days.

Wow! What a night. Everyone get in here for a group hug!!!

[QUOTE=""]

:D<

[/QUOTE]

Love and more hugs to all!

@act2017 congrats on UT Dallas =D>

@Testingearly @stlarenas sorry about the deferral

@LoveTheBard @Biotechgirl congrats on Yale <:-P

@Collegecue woo hoo to Fordham <:-P

@itsgettingreal17 great news on Ole Miss =D>

@Millie16 congrats on Amherst

@CA1543 fantastic news on northeastern plus honors plus $$

@cleoforshort sorry about MIT, but good news from BC

Still waiting for my D to get home to check the portal. I am jumping out of my skin waiting. Good luck for everyone else still waiting. I’ll be back later with an update

D17 accepted to BC Honors with four years of housing.

No mention of invite to Gabelli Scholars Program, a total lottery long shot, so probably a financial rejection. I think this is the first year of email notification so I can hold slim hopes for invite in the physical package, but looks like “No Soup For You!”

Onward and upward…

Congrats to all of the great acceptances! My son was deferred from Georgetown. He said he figured he wouldn’t get in. Georgetown EA rate down this year to 11% from 17% last year. His number one school UVA won’t announce until late January.
His twin hasn’t heard back from any colleges yet. I hope she will soon. We will be here for the long haul I guess.

She’s in at Northeastern! Although I don’t know what, if any merit/honors she received because she’s in the middle of a Smite game and said she’d look in a while. Wishing I had portal control right about now…

Holy computer glitch. Lots of drama on the Tulane site over a congratulatory email the school sent out prematurely to 130 ED applicants.

Apparently at least one school has to make this same mistake every year.

D is in at Northeastern also with Honors College Scholarship ($21,000 per year). Likely not enough to keep it on the table but she’s a bit flattered and excited!