Parents of the HS Class of 2019 - 3.0 to 3.4 GPA

The high school guidance/college placement offices are very much aware of the deadlines; this is not their first rodeo! In my school, you fill out a different colored form for each month’s app deadline- one for Sept/Oct, another for Nov, another for Dec and yet another for anything after New Years. So those early deadlines are clearly labeled and will be sent out in time for the deadlines.

I’m sure your school has a similar policy in place. The problem, of course is that several hundred kids (in my school, 500+) are applying to 8-10 colleges, some more. So anyone who cuts the deadlines too close is taking a chance that their packet will hit a timing problem.

They sometimes have to be reminded that, as much as this is important to them, every other application is also important to every other kid. So they’re well advised to get everything in-- have the Naviance work done, have the letters of recommendation requested before summer starts, have the SAT scores sent, have the app in, and have the transcript request in to guidance, well well before the actual deadline.

Thanks everyone. Now it’s time to get those applications done .

Congrats @carolinamom2boys - that is a big accomplishment - well done.

@bjkmom - thank you for your post. Every now and then I need a little reassurance during this process! :slight_smile:

D19 just received the e-mail from Pitt with her acceptance. The text I just got from her almost brought me to tears. She is so happy. I think in the back of her mind she was convinced she was not going to get into any of her top choices.
Hopefully this motivates her to complete the other applications that have not seen any progress in weeks. I think I’ll giver her a few days to enjoy before I give her nudge.

Congratulations @DCNatFan that is so wonderful!!!

So exciting @DCNatFan ! Congrats!

Congratulations @DCNatFan !

Congrats!

Congrats to @DCNatFan 's D on her acceptance, that is great news.

Great news @DCNatFan! It will make the waiting so much easier for the rest of this long process.

Congrats @DCNatFan

Congratulations @DCNatFan . S is planning to submit his app this weekend. It would be such a relief if he got the same result as your D.

Congrats @DCNatFan!

@me29034 Good luck.

Congrats @DCNatFan! This is amazing, amazing news. It just brought a huge smile to my face.

Hello all, I am new to this site and am glad I found this post. My D is a senior - graduating in June. 3.33 average and 1290 SAT’s - not much extra currics except after school clubs and Girl Scouts since kindergarten (that has to count for something LOL). We finally narrowed down our list. Any thoughts/feedback would be appreciated. Our price range for colleges is up to 40-45K with merit (if she qualifies). Our goal right now is to apply to some safety schools in the hopes of getting merit. below is our list:

Siena
Providence
New Paltz
Sacred Heart
Hartford
Iona
Eastern CT
Delaware
UMass
SUNY Albany
College of Saint Rose
Saint Joe’s University
University of Scranton
Western New England

If you are looking at Hartford and Scranton, consider putting Hofstra on the list. It doesn’t get a lot of love on this forum, but we have family there and know many graduates and it has some wonderful offerings – particularly in the school of communications.

@gitee2018

What is your DD thinking in terms of major?

St. Michael’s in Vermont