Parents of the HS Class of 2021 (Part 2)

My S21’s school sends the mid year reports automatically to all the schools he submitted via Naviance. (Though he requested that to be sent only to a couple of EA schools)

1 Like

Yes sent already ! Finished mid-term exams prior to winter break …

1 Like

D21’s school has Naviance, as well. She has submitted mid-year requests for the schools she is still interested in, but those are still pending. I guess the only one I’m mostly concerned about is GT, where she is deferred and the deferral form needs to be submitted by 2/8. I think we will wait to see if the reports are sent out by the end of this week. If not, I will have D21 get in touch with the GC with that deadline, in particular.

1 Like

Deferred indefinitely is worse than rejected I think!!

2 Likes

They sent mid-year report to all the schools my D applied to.

1 Like

S21’s school won’t send them until mid Feb. First semester just ended last week, grades aren’t even due from the teachers until 2/2

1 Like

Ah, that must be the difference – that some schools did not end their semesters until after the holiday break. In our case, the end of the semester was in mid-December. Maybe that’s why I’m a little nutty about this. All grades have been in for awhile, including DE grades.

3 Likes

Our school semester ended last week. Early next week final semester grades will be available.

1 Like

D21’s high school just finished their semester last week. We are still waiting on the mid semester reports to become available. I am anxious for them to be submitted to schools as well.

1 Like

today was last day for our semester. So grades will not be finalized for another week or so. My guess is mid-year reports will be sent by mid-February.

1 Like

First semester doesn’t end until next week, so our midyear reports go out 2/15.

1 Like

S school started two weeks late and the grades will be uploaded to CA tomorrow. Middlebury chomping at the bit.

1 Like

We just got our updated transcript because they take forever to recalculate rank. S21 sent an mail to GC asking for them to send the report but he hasn’t heard back yet.

1 Like

D21’s first semester doesn’t end until tomorrow and then teachers have 10 days, I believe, to finalize grades. She hasn’t been asked to submit updated grades, though.

1 Like

I’m a bit perplexed about exactly how they update applications. It’s my assumption that RD apps are being read already. I wonder if AOs set aside apps that need the boost of fall grades and evaluate them when they come in? Or do they just read apps and then, in some second round of cuts, go to the fall grades to either confirm the student’s initial decision will stand or be changed? D updated some of her schools with something else that she didn’t originally plan on sending and, for the schools where she has relationships with the AOs, they sent her a reply to say they’d be glad to add the new info into her app. What if her app has already been read and is a no? Or a yes? How is new information taken into account when the AOs are already reading?

I’m sort of guessing that any additional info can be used in committee at the end if an AO needs to fight to keep a student or used as a reason to move someone from admit to defer or defer to deny if fall grades aren’t great.

I wish I understood the timeline of how this all happens. Not that we can do anything about it but I’m so curious!

3 Likes

Yes, I have wondered about the interview reports also. Lots of schools hold interviews until March.

1 Like

UC campus stats are out
https://www.ucop.edu/institutional-research-academic-planning/content-analysis/ug-admissions/ug-data.html

On first glance it looks like most of the big increases are from OOS students.

2 Likes

They are pretty even:

in state system-wide, an increase of 14789;
out of state system-wide, an increase of 14135

1 Like

Yep seems many NESCACS are chomping. Our semester ends tomorrow and it usually takes weeks for them to process the transcripts… ugh.

Percentage wise CA up 13%, OOS up 44%, International up 10%

2 Likes