Parents of the HS Class of 2021 (Part 2)

Good luck @inthegarden, hope you can get your mind off it for a little while today!

@inthegarden Good Luck to your Daughter. Hoping you get to celebrate today.

@inthegarden - Sending Tums your way!!! Hoping it ends well today for you all!!!

Just read that the Amherst ED kids who were hoping for another Wednesday decision release date this year, will hear on Friday Dec 11th. I know we have a parent or two in this group with a kid who applied. Hang on just a little bit longer! Best of luck to those hearing back this Friday!

8 Likes

Best of luck!

We’re in the same boat with @inthegarden and her D. And it must be really wavy because I’m seasick!

I haven’t told D21 that it looks like decisions will come tonight because she’s not home yet and I don’t want her to stress out!

11 Likes

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear from W&M tonight! My daughter said one of her friends expected to hear soon.

5 Likes

Fingers crossed!

1 Like

S did not apply REA to one of his reaches. I’m second guessing that now that I’m hearing how many went for ED. The GC gave us the usual advice to not offer comparison along with the typically super strong early candidates - I’m not sure that was great advice this year, but oh well. Plus he didn’t have a test until a couple of days before the deadline and they require 3 essays. Don’t look back, just look foward. :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

@3SailAway - Fingers crossed for you all!!!

2 Likes

I’m not sure the GC knew much of anything this year and it sounds like a lot of counselors told kids to apply to huge reach schools because not a lot of kids will be applying. That seems to be false based on the huge number of applications all these EA schools are seeing so far.

3 Likes

Could work in our favor of the next tier down was ignored in the early round? Who knows.

1 Like

@inthegarden and @3SailAway GOOD LUCK!!! Any minute now.

3 Likes

Yes! Sending positive vibes your way. Good luck! :hugs:

1 Like

:grinning:

SHE’s A GRIFFIN! GO TRIBE!

46 Likes

@inthegarden enjoy the ice cream cake!
Congratulations to your daughter (and to your for the support and guidance you gave her). And now she doesn’t have to write the other essays she’d been putting off. I’m really happy for you all.

5 Likes

Woo hoo!!! Congrats!!! Awesome news!!!

1 Like

Congratulations!!! I loved W&M - so beautiful!!

1 Like

Wonderful news! Congrats to your D!

Great news! Congratulations!

1 Like