Parents of the HS Class of 2021 (Part 2)

CONGRATULATIONS! W&M is stellar!

1 Like

Iā€™m so happy for you and your D, @inthegarden ! I have happy tears in my eyes.

My D wants to wait to look until her dad gets home so we are still on pins and needles.

5 Likes

Iā€™m on the Left Coast, so I had to google ā€œgriffin college mascot.ā€ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Congrats!

13 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Hi everyone ā€” question on behalf of my son, who has received the W&M email, but canā€™t access his portal because itā€™s asking for a PIN and he doesnā€™t know it. Heā€™s claiming that this is the first time heā€™s heard anything about a portal and has looked back through old emails, but canā€™t find anything other than the ā€œyour application is completeā€ email. (Heā€™s currently at his job, so itā€™s hard to get much information out of him and/or assist.) Putting aside the legitimate question of whether figuring this out on his own is a litmus test for college admission by itself, can anyone help a kid out? Where can he find the PIN?

1 Like

:partying_face: :cake:
Woohoo! Congratulations!

1 Like

For all of the portals that my S21 got, he got an email alerting him to the fact that a portal had account had been established for him, generally within a few days of his application being submitted, and that email had the PIN in it. Maybe the email went to junkmail? For my S21, he uses gmail, and some of his college emails end up in the Promotions folder.

7 Likes

Congratulations!!! That is wonderful!!! So proud of her!!!

1 Like

Congratulations @inthegarden! Thrilled for you and your D!

1 Like

@inthegarden happy for you and your D. :cake:

1 Like

Adding to the above responseā€¦have him setup the portals for the other schools he has applied to as well. Some colleges track how often applicants access the portal.

Good luck.

3 Likes

My sister-in-law is a W&M alumna, I told her about the excitement here!

:green_heart::yellow_heart:

1 Like

@inthegarden Congratulations to you and your daughter!! And, youā€™re done!!! (Lucky duckšŸ˜Š).

3 Likes

@inthegarden Congratulations!

1 Like

@inthegarden Congratulations to your daughter!! Wonderful news!

1 Like

Another new member of the Tribe! Happy crying!

35 Likes

@3SailAway-- wohooo!!! Congrats to your D . What wonderful news!

1 Like

Yea!!! Congratulations :champagne:

1 Like

Woo hoo @3SailAway!!! Fantastic news!!!

2 Likes

Such exciting news today! Congratulations @3sailaway and @inthegarden! Hope youā€™re all having ice cream tonite!

3 Likes