Parents of the HS Class of 2021 (Part 2)

Today it is not a bad day. My D got into Georgetown and waitlisted at Northwestern. Northwestern is telling to accept waitlist now and then again confirm it after April 15 to be considered for admission. They are definitely yield protecting by waiting till Ivy decisions. They even said that reply back to us to confirm by April 15 after getting results from other colleges.

29 Likes

Northwestern is SO tough in the RD round. A WL is quite the achievement. And congrats on Georgetown!

4 Likes

Wow!!! Congrats!!! GT acceptance is HUGE!!!
I think thatā€™s fantastic!!!:partying_face::clap::partying_face:

3 Likes

S just got accepted into Wake.

I had to tell him via FaceTime bc heā€™s playing video games (online) with friends and didnā€™t care to check.

Heā€™s still on GWU high.

24 Likes

Thank you! My D is so used to private high school and she is so excited about getting into a private college as well. Is GT good for Premed? How is grade deflation/inflation there?

Not sure of your time zone but happy hour has begun in seattle. Pull up a chair.

5 Likes

Congratulations!

Thank you! I PMd you as well.

S21 accepted at Notre Dame.

33 Likes

So sorry to hear this.

Congrats!

Congratulations!

1 Like

So nice! I missed reading about the scholarship. Thatā€™s great!

1 Like

I hope so for Northwestern! D21 just got waitlisted.

6 Likes

Congratulations!! :partying_face:

1 Like

Been at happy hour since mid afternoon. Itā€™s Friday, hahha!

7 Likes

Son rejected by both Northwestern and Georgetown today. Not his day. :pensive:

Same results for D21 today. But I didnā€™t know about the Northwestern waitlist thing. Interesting how obvious schools are this year. Iā€™ll tell her to sign up for it now. Thanks for posting.

4 Likes

So sorry to hear thatā€¦

1 Like

I donā€™t want to send my kid to a school that doesnā€™t mandate the vaccine. Iā€™m sure that Iā€™m not the only one.

6 Likes