Parents of the HS Class of 2021 (Part 2)

As you probably know, lots of Haverford and Bryn Mawr students come from CA and the Bay Area, and tons of alumni/ae live there. My husband and I have more close alumni friends in the Bay Area than where we live (NYC). There’s a tight network if your D wants to move back after graduation.

3 Likes

We had a trip scheduled to tour east coast schools during Spring Break of 2020 but obviously that didn’t happen. Like your D, mine has done enough research online and has connected to a number of current students that she doesn’t feel that she needs to visit.

1 Like

Good luck,everyone! Here it goes!

6 Likes

I feel stressed for all of you. My kids did not even apply to Ivies. Good luck everyone!

6 Likes

Good luck to all who applied to Ivies. Sending good vibes!

3 Likes

After getting waitlisted at Duke yesterday, hopes were slim for today but DS is into UPenn and Brown!! He is very excited although did not want to be here so went to the gym and had us call him with results. Rice and GTech also accepted him and he will choose between these. Glad it is over!!!

Looking for some sort of Physics/Math with lots of CS combination…

45 Likes

Waitlisted at Columbia and UPenn. Rejected everywhere. No results from Dartmouth

10 Likes

Rejected from Brown.

4 Likes

Congrats!

1 Like

My son is calling them out to me from his school friend discord server. No acceptances yet. Tons of waitlists. as many waitlists as rejections. update: a Penn acceptance.

6 Likes

Congratulations! My daughter is a sophomore CS-Econ at Brown if your son wants to ask me/her any questions

1 Like

Mine didn’t either. She didn’t reach any higher than Duke, Northwestern, UChic and Vandy… all of which were waitlists or outright rejections. Plus she committed today to a school that loved her so I’m just sitting back with a cocktail and offering my support. :slight_smile:

27 Likes

Waitlisted at Dartmouth too.

My daughter was accepted to Cornell and Penn (engineering). Waitlisted at Dartmouth.

31 Likes

I have degrees from 2 schools your daughter is considering (Michigan and Georgetown). Both are great schools, in exciting and fun cities. If she picks either one, she will have an exceptional college experience. She sounds like a successful person already, from a great family. Embrace what lies ahead!

Besides, no one really wants to live in any of the Ivy League towns anyway. Ann Arbor and DC are much better! :grinning:

18 Likes

Thank you! It feels good to hear this.

2 Likes

We have to all remind our sons and daughters that none of this defines them nor diminishes who they are as individuals. All the work they have put in and achievements accomplished will always be theirs, and we can only hope they help make them the best souls they can be… compassionate and passionate, hard working and driven… and the next generation of leaders to make this world a better place. I honestly believe that comes from within and the schools on their resumes won’t have any real meaning on who they are as people and what they will accomplish in this world.
Congrats to all of you for raising truly outstanding kids!

16 Likes

Our lotto ticket didn’t hit. Congrats to the WL and admits!

15 Likes

Sounds similar to my S. Environmental field work + rec for research-minded universities, and then leaning more humanities/music on essays. (And sorry about missing the reach…there are other acceptances to celebrate.)

1 Like

Rejected! But it’s really OK. Congrats to all who got in!

@anaray Hugs to your daughter!

15 Likes