Parents of the HS Class of 2021 (Part 3)

My last two were back to back (after a one year break from the first). I’m still exhausted!

2 Likes

Whoa….still too close for comfort for me. Glad my next doesn’t graduate till 2025 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I am currently doing the back to back - oldest (son) starting college in fall & my daughter just started working on her common app today! I feel a lot more experienced but also a little jaded which I hate to admit. It’s not like me but this past year was exhausting.

5 Likes

Need help on the Woozoo fan. I finally got to Costco and it’s not there. So, probably Amazon or Lowes etc. What size/which one, HD15NU Circulator or PCF-SC1 Mini Personal Oscillating Circulator with Remote (small)?

I ordered it online. Came in two days.

Woozoo Globe Multi-Directional 5-Speed Oscillating Fan w/ Remote
Item # ‌1354207‌
$ 39.99
Quantity 1

1 Like

I has able to get the WooZoo fan for 25. at Costco a couple of months ago. D will not be using the multi directional feature. She will just want it to blow straight on her. So really we could have done fine with a Vornado fan.

For those in need of a wheeled carry-on bag for your student’s future plane trips, allow time to order online. Went to two Targets and one Walmart, and I came away with just one. None of the three stores I visited had the particular bags in stock that their websites said they had at those locations. Very bare shelves.

1 Like

Amazon has some great 2 and 3 piece sets that are very reasonable.

1 Like

Mine were '18, '20, '21. 21 was the worst in every way. I hope next year is better for you!!

2 Likes

Thank you!

The model at Costco is PCF-SC15T. I hope that helps. I can try to send a picture if that doesn’t. It’s not a huge thing and comes with a remote.

Item #1354207. $34.99. A few months ago they were 24.99 but no longer that price.

1 Like

Good luck to your daughter! I cannot imagine having to do this again especially after last year! You definitely had a great attitude about how it all went down though and I know that will help your daughter a lot!!

Thanks! That is what I ordered, though I paid $39.99

Still not bad considering Walmart has it for $52!

1 Like

Thank you - I appreciate you & all those who went through this past admissions cycle with me. Good luck to your son at school this year!

1 Like

Her situation is different from everyone else on the thread, but my D is also prepping to start school soon- about three weeks of summer left, one true break week after her ballet intensive ends. She dropped one class because decided six was too much for first semester while finding her footing with her schedule as a whole. She got a work study job on campus, lined up to continue working at her ballet studio, and has interviewed for a third local job. She got her textbooks and is signed up for a campus tour and meet-and-greet next week. It’s all exciting and scary to her atm, which I understand because her schedule is going to be crazy hectic- full time school, three jobs, and 25 hours of dancing. I actually tried to get her to drop to four classes but she really wants all five for various reasons.

6 Likes

That seems like an awful lot on her plate! There are only so many hours in a day! I know I couldn’t do it…

Me either. I’m just the driver and I find it tiring. My kids both seem to thrive with a lot to do, but I am still nervous that the schedule is fit like a jigsaw puzzle. When they were in high school the time blocks were more straightforward, at least. Between classes and rehearsals, dance is so confusing to build around, but here we are. If she could’ve, she would’ve done one job that covered the weird hours she’s able to work, but she couldn’t find one to slot in- one is one day, one is two but the same number of hours as the first, and the third is one other day but double the hours. It’s really only 16 hours of work per week (most weeks), but split in a mess of a way, unfortunately.

Yes, but 25 hours of dance, and 16 hours of work is 36 hours (plus with the hassle of the inefficiency of three jobs might as well be more. So, effectively, the hours of a full-time job plus full-time school. Plus, time to read, study, write papers, wash all those dance clothes and sew point shoe ribbons😬. I don’t know when she will sleep!

1 Like

Yup, it’s a lot. It’s a lot like high school though, so at least I know she has practice juggling it all. In junior/senior year she was dancing 20 hours a week, doing DE classes, volunteering, and had two jobs plus picked up some babysitting. She also knows the fifth class and and least one job (probably two) will be jettisoned fairly quickly if she feels overwhelmed. Her priority is good grades here, but for scheduling purposes dance comes first since that is her current “career” and it’s entirely inflexible.

2 Likes