Parents of the HS Class of 2021 (Part 3)

All I want for Christmas is a Covid variant that causes me to grow taller and my hair to come in thicker😀

7 Likes

Boosters, testing before return and on return. Just announced.

Booster’s required for D’s school

I expect a similar email from my D’s school any day now. As of now, they offer incentives for getting the booster (name gets added to a raffle). They offered testing three days a week all fall and ended the semester with no student cases and two faculty cases.

I anticipate there will be an initial spike in cases as kids return from the break, but hopefully with continued testing and masking protocols it will be managed as well as fall semester. Her school has winter rush so there will be many social events providing the opportunity for spread if they aren’t proactive.

I love the football banter because I miss the ‘ol college days when I’m pretty sure the UW was a rival with Michigan. The Desmond Howard days and the aggravating Heisman poses :slight_smile:

S21’s school requires booster for staff and students before they get back on campus mid Jan. I’ll ask S21 but I believe they will need to test prior and/or upon returning to campus like last time. I hope they require testing results submitted prior to returning and then immediately when they return.

Michigan wasn’t back to 100% in-person from the get-go. Large lectures for D18 were online this past Fall. Cal Poly was the same as well. D21’s Fall Quarter was a hybrid. Classes in her major were in-person, GE classes were online.

The Cincinnati Bearcats are a Group of 5 team, not Power 5, and we have some Bearcat fans here, since they’re playing in the CFP against Alabama.

So, a more accurate renaming of the thread would be “Parents of the HS Class of 2021 Who Want to Discuss FBS Football.” :wink: :rofl:

3 Likes

Ahem
how about "Parents of the HS Class of 2021-2022 Who Want to Discuss FBS Football”? :smile:

1 Like

I have to disagree. The word “bearcats” is contained in this thread only in your post, and “Cincinnati” appears once in this thread in a post unrelated to football. So, no, that would not be a more accurate renaming. Please keep on topic.

(Buzzer sound). But we do have some parting gifts for you. The search function is not good on this site. :wink:

Flag my post as off topic and let an actual moderator decide about what’s on topic or not. However, IMO, college football is part of the college experience for many college students, including both of mine. Just as Covid is part of the college experience.

2 Likes

D21 made it home last night.

One of her first comments: “Oh my god! We have two-ply toilet paper!”

16 Likes

“Oh my god! We have two-ply toilet paper!”

My D said the exact same thing at Thanksgiving!!

3 Likes

Well
 I wouldn’t say that quote defines me as a Bearcats fan. More like an “anyone-but-Bama” fan. Obviously that was said in jest. In reality I would like a re-match and to see the Dawgs finally break the “curse”.

I was at the 1980 National Championship game when UGA won with a freshman by the name of Herschel Walker. It would be great to see another. :grin::grin: Go Dawgs! :heart::black_heart::heart::black_heart:

1 Like

No worries. Totally understood the context of your post. :+1:

1 Like

They give A+? That’s unusual at the college level. So over a 4.0 into the gpa for those?

Interestingly they give the A+ grade on transcript but still only gets 4.0. However an A- gets 3.7. Subject of much debate on the Miami parents facebook webpage.

2 Likes

Michigan for some reason puts A+’s on their transcripts, but they’re only worth 4.0.

Yeah I’ve always had a philosophical problem with A- but not A+ (at least in terms of gpa value). I’m a professor and if they get a 90 or up it’s a full A out of principle. Below that I do +/-.

3 Likes

Yes, even at elite colleges you can get an A+ and have a GPA >4.0.
Can’t speak for how usual/uncommon that might be.

I hate the A- and all minuses/pluses for that matter. If they want to be exact with grading than use percentages instead of letter grades. It’s very frustrating. My S got a 93.9 in a class and it’s an A-, to me an A is an A is an A

7 Likes