Parents of the HS Class of 2022

We’re waiting too. In at safeties with honors college and merit at UMD and lots of merit and talent scholarships at Muhlenberg. Now waiting on mostly reaches. Fortunately DD was able to update apps with some awards honors about a week ago. Glad that she was able to add to her profile and have some pretext to connect with admissions. I hope that wasn’t too late to make a difference!

The next 2 weeks will be looooong.

Hang in there, parents!!! Who else stocked up on wine? Ha ha.

16 Likes

Thank you! And good luck to yours as well. ETA: I just realized you don’t have a class of 22 kid, right? Thank you for your feedback anyway!

Agreed. Always a little random. In the case of Pitt I think applying early will be key to getting in going forwards. It’s gotten very popular.

6 Likes

My DD was accepted ED to Vandy as well, but we didn’t get an invite for anything. I do see Accepted Student tours on 4 dates in April and Dore for a Day registration. And I see the big one, Anchor Day is April 11.
Was your S invited by email? Or in his portal?

6 Likes

Congrats to your DD! Ours is very excited about moving to Nashville.

It’s Dore for A Day. There was no direct invitation, only postings through the Vanderbilt Admitted Students Community via the portal. There were emails that mentioned the posting.

When my daughter registered there were Dore For A Day slots available each day next week. They’re clearly for ED’s since they are before the RD decision date. I believe the others are more for impressing students who still have to make a college choice.

Anchor Day looks fun, though. Wonder if ED’s can go.

5 Likes

Are most of your kids committed or waiting for RD decisions? It feels like we are behind in not committing bc all the kids seem to be getting roommates already.

3 Likes

My daughter was just accepted to the University of Chicago

53 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS! Is she going to go? How exciting!

1 Like

Still waiting for RD decision.

1 Like

I am very proud
It is top three for her. Will wait until the others are in and she will decide
Good luck with your kids

9 Likes

Mine is still waiting on some RD decisions.

1 Like

That is awesome! Congratulations!!

Thanks a lot!!

Congratulations !!

Thanks
Good luck to you

Congrats :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

1 Like

Mine has committed to the school, but housing info has not been released yet. They have a Facebook group and a Discord group for admitted students, but she says they aren’t that active. I know she checked them out at least once, but not sure she’s looked at them more than that.

5 Likes

Still waiting on RD here. Need to wait for all scholarships to be awarded and then make a decision.

7 Likes

D will have a hard decision to make. She’s still waiting on a few schools but so far she’s in at:

DePaul
Simmons
UVM
Saint Louis University
Chico State
Sonoma State
SDSU
Willamette
Gonzaga

She’s already ruled out Chico, Sonoma, Simmons, UVM and SLU, but hasn’t visited Willamette, Gonzaga or SDSU.

This is hard!

18 Likes

We are still waiting on 5. In at UConn and UMASS Amherst and WL at Pitt.

8 Likes