Parents of the HS Class of 2023 (Part 2)

She has some affordable options. She is my last of four so I feel a little more flexible this time. My D18 and D20 saved us a lot of money with one getting a full tuition scholarship and an RA position and the other getting incredible FA that covered 75% of tuition. We could probably manage a school in the $28K range, though I would do a financial appeal and possibly get a couple thousand more since we have special circumstances.

My big concerns are:

How will the change in FAFSA change our need in future years? I have a D20 with some special needs on a five year plan so we have a year of overlap that won’t be taken into consideration.

Our number of dependents might change if my D20 stays healthy enough to move out and support herself. That might change our need calculation, too.

I suspect D23 will not have a high gpa if she has a science related major. So gpa requirements for merit scholarship renewal is a big deal in my mind.

Thinking about all of this fries my brain.

If my life were to calm down a little, I could probably start working to cover a change in FA. But the merit scholarships are big so losing one of those would be a serious problem.

ETA: Thank you for listening. :pensive:

3 Likes