Parents Weekend 2013 dates announced

<p>The best online hotel sites to use are those that require you to prepay. Orbitz, Expedia and Hotel.com all require this and issue you a prepayed receipt. These sites purchase rooms in bulk which is how they get them cheaper than you could by actually booking direct with the hotel itself. Once you prepay a confirmation number is given by the site and about an hour later the hotel issues a confirmation number. The hotel doesn’t issue their confirmation number until payment is received from the discount seller and an email or fax confirmation is received. I got this information from the owner of a very well known luzury family hotel chain. He explained that most hotels do this to help fill rooms that otherwise might not have been filled. Sometimes offering these hotel rooms to the online sites for pennies on the dollar.</p>

<p>Thanks OP! Booked!</p>

<p>With a Hilton Garden Inn, 2 Hampton Inns and new Embassy Suites on the horizon, one may want to consider signing up for the newly available Hilton Honors Citibank Reserve Visa card. After a $2500 spend you receive 2 free nights at any Hilton brand hotel and after $10,000 spend every year an additional night and Gold status; $40,000 spend/year Diamond status.</p>

<p>I have booked two nights with points at the Hilton Garden Inn which would have cost $399 plus tax.</p>

<p>I look on Expedia and Hotels.com then go look at the hotels direct site. Over the last few years I’ve found the prices to be the same. What looking on Expedia, etc on first is it helps you narrow down what is available, price range and customer reviews. The bonus of booking directly with the hotel or on their chain website is they stand behind any issues that may come up. They are more likely to help you out if you went thru their own network vs a discount online site.</p>

<p>Upstate, from the reviews on the Masters Inn, you may prefer to sleep in your car or a tent.</p>