Parents Weekend, Football tickets

<p>Hi, all. As per usual, I bought two parent packages for Parents Weekend, but this year, I did not get the tickets, as I was hoping to buy perhaps three tickets for son to sit with H and I for our last Parents Weekend game. I could have bought a third Parents Weekend package and bought three game tickets, but in years past, those seats have been high up and since son has a season ticket package, I couldn’t see spending the extra money to make him sit in a high seat.</p>

<p>Anyway, single game tickets went on sale yesterday, and I tried to buy tickets today, and the Colorado game is sold out.</p>

<p>Is there any chance I may be able to get tickets closer to game day, if more tickets are released, and is there any chance I would be able to have tickets in hand before I head to Bama the Friday before Parents Weekend?</p>

<p>I’ve got a hotel in Bessemer, closest I could get, and hoping a Tuscaloosa room opens up nearer to the date so we can stay nearby as well. We’ve made every Parents Weekend so far, including the games in the high seats, but I want to do something special for our last one.</p>

<p>Thanks for any advice, encouragement, tips you could give me!</p>

<p>Our DS is an entering freshman so this is our first Alabama football game. Earlier replies in this forum pointed us towards StubHub, and it was news to us that college tickets are sold there. The two lower-down seats we bought from StubHub have an expected delivery date of Sept 9, indicating that the physical tickets will be shipped to us.</p>

<p>Right now there are 898 tickets at [Alabama</a> Crimson Tide vs Colorado State Rams Football [09/21/2013] Tickets on StubHub!](<a href=“http://www.stubhub.com/alabama-football-tickets/alabama-vs-colorado-state-9-21-2013-4220653]Alabama”>http://www.stubhub.com/alabama-football-tickets/alabama-vs-colorado-state-9-21-2013-4220653). They start at $71 which is more than the Family Weekend ones. I wonder how these prices change as the date gets closer.</p>

<p>Thank you. I think I’m going to look at StubHub for three lower down seats. I know it will cost more. Just not familiar with their fees. I would have rather given the money to Bama, and was hoping that since it was a nonconference game, the athletic department would have seats available at the lower level. I’ll give them a call before I go through StubHub. In years past, I’ve bought my tickets as part of the Family Weekend package to give the business to Bama, but since I’ve never been able to get a lower seat that way, and I really want to do that for our last year, I guess I have to go through another vendor if there aren’t any available through the university itself. Is there a way perhaps to buy lower seats for three people from students who want to sell their tickets to that game? Son has only ever donated or transfered tickets he didn’t use, so I’m not familiar with the process for student selling their tickets to non students, or if that’s even allowed.</p>

<p>There are lower seats available on StubHub now…any chance the price will drop, or is now the time to purchase?</p>

<p>I was able to get a hotel room in Tuscaloosa at our new favorite hotel. Cancellation deadline was Tuesday, so I called all day and finally timed it right to get an open room. Cannot believe the price I am paying for this room, the most so far, but I hope to earn points for a free room for a graduation trip, so I’m doing it.</p>

<p>Son had actually told us not to get tickets for the game, he wasn’t going to attend, so I may just go to the Parents Weekend activities and spend the time with son during the game, maybe watch it with him if it’s televised. Feel silly paying for the expensive hotel, though, since we won’t be fighting football traffic, but after walking the Quad all weekend, I’ll be happy for the short drive. I will probably cancel my Bessemer reservation as it gets closer to game time. My new reservation is beyond the cancellation point, so I’m stuck with it.</p>

<p>It’s our last year, though, and hopefully, son will have an apartment in grad school that we’ll be able to crash out in for future school events. </p>

<p>I’ll take a look at StubHub, though, just in case we change our mind.</p>

<p>I take it tickets are no longer available through the Parent Weekend code, or am I wrong about that?</p>