Parents Weekend Hotels

MY D recently committed to UA, Roll Tide, we are now trying to book a hotel for Parents Weekend and finding that most in Tuscaloosa are already sold out, can anyone suggest what other neighboring towns/Cities we should be looking in, we would rather not have to travel back and forth from Birmingham. TY

You could try the Greystone Inn in Vance. That’s not too far. There are also plenty of hotels in Bessemer, Hoover and Birmingham. I stayed in Bessemer for Parents’ Weekend when my daughter was a freshman. I left early to drive to Tuscaloosa and went back late, and it didn’t take me more than 45 minutes each way.

High-demand weekends are also high - extremely high - rates on hotels, as you’ve probably found out. If you stay in Birmingham, Hoover or Bessemer (the latter 2 are Birmingham suburbs) you will pay normal hotel rates and only be about an hour’s drive away. If you go south, there are nice hotels in Meridian MS (and none between the 2!) but it’s about a 90-minute drive. Tip - I would leave very early to avoid back ups on the interstate. Even if you were staying in Tuscaloosa, you would likely be gone all day anyway to enjoy the campus activities and mostly use the hotel room just to sleep. Good luck!

TY, have actually found a decent priced room at the Quality Inn in Tuscaloosa, will keep looking at other options as well.