Parking for Move Out

<p>Where are we allowed to park for move out? I’m not concerned with the car loading, I’m wondering about the time we’ll be in the dorm helping to box up.</p>

<p>we’ve always just parked in the parking garage under ridgecrest.</p>

<p>i think we just let ourselves in with kids id card. move out is a slower process than move in. move in, you just drive up and everything is unloaded for you in a few minutes. move out, you pack some and take it down. come back, pack some more and take it down … etc. etc.</p>

<p>we’ve never had a problem.</p>

<p>Do you need one of their IDs to get in to the garage there? Only one of the boys in our room has parking. I don’t mind paying if we get in and out privileges but I really don’t want to pay $5 a pop every time we take a load to storage or need to leave for other reasons.</p>

<p>i think so. we just used kid’s id. idk if the id would work to open the garage if kid didn’t have a parking pass. we have never had that situation.</p>

<p>you could call parking and ask. maybe you could get a temp pass for a couple days.</p>

<p>A lot of parents are coming in pairs and having one parent stay in the car outside the dorm while the other goes in and packs. If packing will take a long time, the parent with the car goes somewhere else and shops, reads a book, etc.</p>

<p>If you go and get a 1 day parking pass, don’t have your student get the pass and say that you’re a visitor so you can get a campus-wide parking pass rather than one good only for the residential zone nearest your student’s dorm room. The charge is $5 per day. There is no charge for parking after 6:00 pm or on weekends.</p>

<p>Thanks, SEA_tide. I am travelling with fellow room mommies and there’s no way in heck they are slacking off reading a book - or mobile CC - while I pack up! I will go get the pass. I printed out the form. Now I just have to find the parking office when I get there. </p>

<p>I did try calling the parking office for 2 days and I’ve left 2 messages but I guess they are busy because no one ever called me back.</p>

<p>“parents are coming in pairs and having one parent stay in the car outside the dorm while the other goes in and packs. If packing will take a long time, the parent with the car goes somewhere else and shops, reads a book, etc.”</p>

<p>sea_tide - that’s just crazytalk!!!</p>

<p>The parking office is now located inside the transit hub.</p>

<p>SEA, is that still 451 Campus Drive? </p>

<p>[Traffic</a> & Parking Regulations](<a href=“http://bamaparking.ua.edu/pages/regulations.html#visitors]Traffic”>http://bamaparking.ua.edu/pages/regulations.html#visitors)</p>

<p>Will they let me buy a pass for two days at one time?</p>

<p>That is the correct address. You can buy multiple daily parking hang tags at a time and scratch off the correct day when you use them.</p>

<p>SEA_tide: I am bringing two mommies to help, so am I correct in bringing two books?</p>

<p>He says the parent with the car, NRDMOM. Otherwise known as the driver. Make sure you bring me good books. I don’t do romance or science fiction.</p>

<p>I am so bummed that I won’t be there to meet you guys. You are soooooo funny. Maybe for move in we can organize a gathering.</p>

<p>Nora Roberts and Dean Koontz, Class2012! </p>

<p>Ha Ha Ha!</p>

<p>Guess I’m the honorary driver. :P</p>

<p>^^^ Yes Proudmama, see you in August! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :)</p>

<p>Suggest the book, “The Help”, author is a Bama grad.</p>

<p>Parking office in bus hub is only open till 2pm finals week. Ticket is $25 for not getting visitor pass ($5/day). Office is at corner of campus dr & hackberry. U can park wherever there is no sign in front of the spot (handicap, state vehicle, faculty in residence, etc.).</p>

<p>We’ve moved out and are back home. We parked in an unauthorized spot and promptly received a $25 ticket. Just call the number on the back of the ticket and they will forgive your first two parking violations-if you are a parent. </p>

<p>We parked in Ridgecrest twice-the first time, the day of packing and cleaning, we went up to the desk to ask about parking. One of my S friends heard us and offered his card to let us in. S ran to the car, put it in the garage and returned the card. </p>

<p>We used roommates parking card for Ridgecrest garage the day of move-out. Same deal, use the card to get in and return it ASAP.</p>