Parking on Game Day

<p>Hubby and I have our tickets for Saturdays game, and are really looking forward to it. But, I’m not sure where there will be parking- any suggestions? We’re going to get there early- D is in the band, and she said we could come and watch the practice that morning. </p>

<p>This will be our first Bama game. But, I’m only there for the halftime show! :)</p>

<p>Go by DCH on University, turn left onto Bryant, go a few blocks, on right, just before Band Practice Field turn right and parking lot on left, butts up to band practice field – $20.00 – Boy Scouts manage and money goes to them. I won’t be going, but this is where I park when I do.</p>

<p>I am glad you asked about parking. I am looking at parking for Parent’s weekend. Since DS was a Boy Scout, I’ll support them with my parking fee.</p>

<p>We also use this lot when we attend! Getting there early is good thing! Subscribe to UA Game Day on Facebook and email. Sometimes on Saturdays there can be erratic road closures. they send blast emails about these.</p>

<p>Thanks! This board is really great. Ask a question, get an answer. If only the rest of the world was as efficient.</p>

<p>LOL mckinna…how true.</p>

<p>OK- I just pulled it up on Goggle Maps, which is great because it shows the band practice field. Looks as if the parking lot is on the corner of Bryant and 2nd Ave? </p>

<p>Also- what time do you think we need to get there, just to be safe? We were planning on arriving around 11, or is that early enough? we have a 4 hour drive. </p>

<p>I just realized that I don’t own any Bama gear to wear. All my stuff is Tennessee Orange. (The horror!!) This just gives me an excuse to go shopping- Hibbets should have something, I guess. Or we could just go to the Ferg when we get there.</p>

<p>Parking on the Soccer Fields by the Student Health Center is often preferred because the Crimson Ride then picks you up and takes you to the Quad…before and after the game…VERY organized.</p>

<p>There will be a large SUPE store tent set up on the Quad to buy Bama Spiritwear! There will also be vendor tents set up along some streets selling Bama stuff.</p>

<p>What does it cost to park at the soccer fields?</p>

<p>Thanks mom2collegekids- I see the parking lot by the soccer fields on Google Maps, and on the UA Game Day site (thanks ahpimommy, that site is great), it shows that’s public parking for $20.</p>

<p>However, it shows the lot by the band practice field to be reserved for RV’s- “Tide-Pride Reserved RV Lots.” ???</p>

<p>Yes…$20.</p>

<p>I’m talking about the soccer field parking. I don’t know about the lots by band practice. In recent years, Bama has changed parking designations for Game Day…and has built more lots north of the Rec Center as well…but I think those are RV as well.</p>

<p>We find it easier to use the Soccer fields.</p>

<p>The $20 likely goes towards paying the huge army of Game Day Employees that are EVERYWHERE…guiding parking, helping people cross streets, keeping order, etc. I think the Game Day employees wear a yellow/greenish uniform top. The fee probably also goes towards the all-day running of the Crimson Ride back and forth from the lots to the Quad.</p>

<p>Game Day at Bama is a well-planned, well-organized event with lots of employees. Actually very impressive.</p>

<p>At UA Game Day, they have a parking map and a traffic map, both printable. Very helpful! I think we’ll try the lot by the band practice field, and if that’s not for car parking, we’ll go to the soccer field lot. I like that the Crimson Ride has a shuttle to the Quad. </p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Just an option…DS parks cars in his yard on the corner of 15th St and Parkview Dr directly across the street from Central High School and beside the Houndstooth Condos. They usually are full by game time, but others on the street park cars also. Only 4 blocks to the stadium! Roll Tide!</p>

<p>ANyone know how early the parking decks downtown fill up?</p>

<p>I learned something different last year from our resident football expert who now guides us from afar. I parked on the street for free with no problem on the other side of the strip away from the stadium. Basically, if you are standing on the strip facing Publics, drive to the left toward DePalmas etc. There is a lot of street parking on those side streets. The walk was only a few blocks to Publics than onto the quad. We were at a hotel in Hoover and drove in around 9AM. It was parent’s weekend last year.</p>

<p>My son is also in the band. We arrived Friday afternoon and watched the afternoon practice. Enjoy. As M2K has said, it is well organized and EVERYONE is helpful. We were rookies too, and managed to have a great weekend. </p>

<p>RTR.</p>

<p>Not exactly knowing what to expect, I paid $25 online for a printable pass in the Medical Reserved B Lot. Bad idea? The uagameday site gave the appearance that only season passes were available for the soccer field. Is that true, or just not available online and only day of for single games at $20 each? for those who have tried both, is Soccer field preferable? Thanks, and of course, RTR!</p>

<p>Another gameday parking question:</p>

<p>I’ll be there for parents weekend and I’ll be bringing my parents along so they get to see where my son will be for the next few years.</p>

<p>My mom can walk, but does not do well at walking long distances, and does have a handicap tag in her car.</p>

<p>Where is the best handicapped parking that won’t require walking long distances to get to the stadium? Or is it better to park somewhere that has easy access to a shuttle?</p>

<p>UA does offer handicapped parking closer to the stadium.</p>

<p>There is also free parking at the Downtown Intermodal Facility (parking garage), which is about a mile away from Bryant Denny; the soccer fields are actually further away. The Tuscaloosa Trolley offers transportation to the stadium for $1 each way, but it is an easy walk. The ABC Store (State-operated liquor store) is along the way if you need any liquor for tailgating.</p>

<p>Soccer Fields are good parking also; As mentioned, the intermodel (sp?) facility downtown is “free” and has trolley to stadium. We haven’t used it, but we’ve heard it is nice and doesn’t fill up.</p>

<p>Not sure of the address of the lot I was referencing, it is for passenger cars, not RVs. It only holds about 20 vehicles, it is on the Hospital side of the practice field.</p>

<p>The practice field is actually next to University Blvd - but the entire grass area stretches to Bryant Drive, and the parking lot is on the corner of Bryant, and the cut through road from Bryant to University (I think it comes out by Arby’s or close).</p>

<p>We like this area because we have the entire field to play ball, put up sat dish, put up tent/awning, tailgate, watch band practice… The Bryant Museum is on the way from vehicle to Quad, so we can stop by that area, then go to the Quad and maybe the Ferg before going to the stadium (if we even go into the game, sometimes we just watch at our tailgate site)…</p>

<p>The site that shows RV’s only is the parking lot right across the road from Moody Music Building (Band Building). It used to be free parking and we parked there for years, and drove off the curve after games onto University to leave – used the cement thing that looks like a grave (on the corner) for a table.</p>

<p>The walk, while flat, is fairly long, maybe 3/4 of a mile or more - but you can either go across University or across Bryant into the Medical parking (mentioned earlier in thread) lot to catch a Crimson Ride.</p>

<p>I think the Medical Parking lot mentioned is a little further back toward hospital than the parking lot I referenced.</p>

<p>Again, we get there early, 8 or so, because it’s a small lot; however, the Boy Scouts are parking cars in all of the lots on that same road between Bryant and University, right next to the Band Practice Fields.</p>

<p>One more thing to consider, my daughter told me that her (commuter) parking pass was good for Rec Lot or the Pirimeter Parking lot by Softball Field – “Free” – First come, First serve – we thought about that - but it is further away.</p>

<p>My H has a handicapped sticker because of his hip replacement and his need to have the other replaced.</p>

<p>Personally, we have found that parking in the soccer field and taking the CR the best way. If you need to minimize mom’s walking, then drop her and others off near the CR stop, then park the car, then join up with them on the CR.</p>