Parking on Game Day

<p>Yall might want to get there even a bit earlier for this reason: the city just banned parking along Jack Warner Parkway, otherwise known as River Road, on game day. I really enjoyed parking here for several reasons: it was free, I could view the new construction on the north side of campus on the way to Bryant Denny, and be close as well to dorms with all you can eat dining halls, as well as the Ferg. </p>

<p>I think this will make traffic much worse. Hope I am wrong!</p>

<p>Parking info: go here [UA</a> Gameday](<a href=“http://uagameday.com/football/parking-info.php]UA”>http://uagameday.com/football/parking-info.php)</p>

<p>If you have a handicap tag, scroll down to “Parking for People With Physical Disabilities.” You can purchase a parking place in advance in one of 4 lots. The closest to the stadium is Lot #2, the communications card lot. It’s just on the north side of the stadium. Be sure to take your handicap tag with you! You MUST show it to get into the lot, even if you bought a space online.
If you choose the Campus Drive parking deck, you will take a bus that will drop you off on the west side of the stadium. After the game, you go back to the same spot and a bus will pick you up and take you back to the deck. All other buses drop you off on the north side of the Quad and you have to walk the rest of the way.
There are wheelchair-accessible buses, and folks will help you aboard if you’re not in a wheelchair but have a hard time getting up those tall bus steps (like me).
The parking spots are $30 on gameday…you can buy the season’s worth at once and get a tiny break.</p>

<p>Just wanted to update- we were able to park in the soccer lot (on the grass though) for $20. It was a great location, because the band practice field is right across the street. And, there was a vendor right between the field and Arby’s where I bought my first Bama shirt. we got there early to see them practice, so parking - or traffic- wasn’t an issue. </p>

<p>Had a wonderful time! Loved the Quad, especially seeing the band on the steps- elephant stomp I think it’s called. </p>

<p>Took D and a couple of her friends out to eat last night, and didn’t have to wait too long for a table, which was surprising. Hubby hated the traffic after the game, with many of the roads blocked, which made getting to the hotel a chore. </p>

<p>Headed back to Tennessee this morning- not sure we’ll make another home game this year, but it sure was fun.</p>

<p>Yes, the traffic after the game is annoying. We often just walk from the stadium to some restaurant, eat, wait for the crowds to die down a bit, and then go to the car. The Crimson Ride tram runs to the soccer field for a few hours after the game (not sure how many hours…probably more hours on days of earlier games…anyone know?)</p>

<p>Glad to hear that you had fun. I remember our first game and being blown away by the Quad…had never seen anything like that before.</p>

<p>The Crimson Ride worked very well all day. After the game, the line was extremely long but it moved very well and efficiently. Last bus was at 7. However, D had to walk from the stadium to her dorm on the other end of the campus with her horn and band gear as there was no bus service to that part of campus.</p>

<p>Does anyone see a flaw in this plan (newbie UA parents - first football game is Parents Weekend)? Our son has his car down at school and a parking pass (he lives in RCS-N). We plan on having him just come to our hotel with his car and we will use his car (and his parking pass) all weekend long and just park in this dorm and walk to the game and wherever else we need to go. Only thing is that we need his Action card to get into the dorm lot but he can meet us outside and swipe us in.</p>

<p>Last bus was at 7</p>

<p>so that was for a 2:30 pm kick off. So, that sounds like it runs for about 2 hrs after the game ends?</p>

<p>ILMom2012- just be aware that on game day, traffic will be severely disrupted on campus, starting 3 hours before kick-off. I would make sure that your car is in the dorm parking lot well before this. </p>

<p>And, don’t plan on making a quick getaway afterwards. That traffic was just unbelievable.</p>

<p>So, with all things considered, is it best to buy the 25.00 reserved parking in advance at Lot B Medical center or can you just arrive early on campus and get a spot at the soccer fields or lots by the rec that you pay for the day of the game? I trust you experienced parents know what is the best thing to do. I would like to park somewhere were we can ride the Crimson Ride since DD is in Ridgecrest.</p>

<p>how many hours are you arriving before the game? If you plan on spending the day on the Quad before the game, then you shouldn’t have trouble getting a spot in the Soccer Fields ($20) and then taking the Crimson Ride to the Quad.</p>

<p>If you happen to run into a problem parking you should be able to find a spot in the DCH employee lot near the Counseling Center. It’s just down from Coleman Coliseum. If you pass the Law School on Bryant Drive and go through the traffic light it is on your right. The Boy Scouts charge $20.00 there. It’s within view of the stadium, but it is still about a 15-20 minute walk on game days. Have fun and Roll Tide!</p>

<p>I suggest getting to campus early and parking at the soccer lot across from Arby’s. If you get there early enough, you’ll get to watch the band practice on Butler Field. Highly recommend!</p>

<p>So, with all things considered, is it best to buy the 25.00 reserved parking in advance at Lot B Medical center?</p>

<p>didn’t see a response but with us coming in from out of town for the A&M game we’re going with this plan to be on the safe side. How bad can it be?</p>

<p>^^^Let us know how this works. We’re coming for Iron Bowl this year, and with the extra crowd (we usually only come for Family Weekend) wonder if it’s not too late to get a prepaid reserve parking spot.</p>

<p>We like to get there early to watch the band practice next to Arby’s but worry even the soccer lot will be full for Iron Bowl.</p>

<p>We did the reserved Lot B Medical Center for the game we attended a few weeks ago. It was not bad at all and there was actually plenty of room when we showed up about 1 1/2 hours before the game. Parked, jumped on the shuttle, walked past the Quad to the stadium, stopped at the spirit tent set up, went in the stadium, got a bite to eat, found our seats, all in plenty of time to see them warmup and all.</p>