Parking Pass for Apartment Dweller

<p>My S has landed a registration time for this upcoming Tuesday for his parking pass. He will be living off campus, but the apartment is walking distance to campus. Obviously, his car will mainly be in the parking lot of the apartment complex for a majority of the day; however, his main parking concerns are for the Rec Center and the Engineering Library. </p>

<p>Does anyone know what “color” lot he should be looking for to accommodate his main needs? Last semester, he had a yellow pass when he lived in RCS-N. His apartment is in this vicinity again, but I’m not sure what an off-campus student should be looking for with regard to the Rec Center and the Engineering Library.</p>

<p>Thanks All!!!</p>

<p>It is my understanding that parking passes are assigned in regard to where you live on campus. As you mentioned your son was assigned a lot last year that corresponded to his dorm. If he is living off campus, he will be assigned a commuter lot. Last year my son lived in East Edge. He just rode his bike or walked. The commuter lot just didn’t make sense for him. He is also an engineering student. </p>

<p>I hope this helps.</p>

<p>Color codes are only for residential parking. Commuter parking is by zone. The closest commuter parkong zone to Rogers Library and the Rec is Northeast Commuter. But honestly if your son is walking distance to campus he can take Crimson Ride to get there. And then at night, zone parking isn’t enforced.</p>

<p>So you have to have a commuter pass to park at the rec if you live off campus? My D was not planning on getting a pass, but uses the rec a ton, and drives there for early morning workouts.</p>

<p>Correct, from 7am to 6pm. After hours, you do not need a parking pass. Now, the rec center does sell something called “patron parking passes” valid only for rec center parking lots, but I’m sure if students can get them.</p>