Parking Permit Needed this Weekend?

<p>We are at the airport now for a flight to BHM. I just realized that we never realized a parking pass for move-in. Do we need one? D doesn’t have a car at school, so this is for the weekend only.</p>

<p>Parking is not enforced on the weekends. If you are still there on Monday, you’ll need to get a visitor’s pass.</p>

<p>Do you mean your move-in permit with the time on it? Your D should have an email with it.</p>

<p>Yes, a move-in permit would be a good thing to have. I will have my D check her email and print at the hotel.</p>

<p>The printer at the hotel didn’t print, so hopefully my D can just bring it up on her iPhone to show them our assigned time.</p>

<p>Linnylu, you can email the permit to the front desk and they can print it for you.</p>

<p>Class 2012 mom, I tried that and it didn’t work! Nathan couldn’t get it to print.</p>

<p>Well, I opened the mail yesterday to find our move in parking pass. Too bad we moved DD in Aug 8th :).</p>

<p>I would hand write your move in time on a piece of paper and put it in your window. Then be prepared to show the pass on your phone if asked. They were not real strict yesterday, but they only had 800 moving in yesterday in the Ridgecrest area and 4000 moving in today so it might be tighter. Good Luck!</p>

<p>You can print the move in pass off via the email your daughter received. We did when we had to get a new move in date for sorority rush, there wasn’t enough time for it to come in the mail so we printed it and it worked fine.</p>

<p>This is one area that could use some improvement on UA’s part. I mean, we signed up for a move-in time weeks ago, right? Surely the info can therefore get to us before a student moves in. (We still have not received any info other than the email stating that if you don’t receive the info packet, then go ahead and print the sheet yourself.) Why are they spending $ on mailing a physical piece of paper that isn’t going to arrive in time? JUST BE UPFRONT, UA, AND ASK PEOPLE TO PRINT IT THEMSELVES. Also, tho, and maybe because so many people did not receive this pass, the move-in staff did not care one iota what was on the paper. They did not even look at it.</p>