Parking permit

<p>Which information will I need to register for my parking permit?</p>

<p>I think you use the link and indicate if you’re residential student or not…maybe indicate your dorm?</p>

<p>It asks for the vehicle license plate number, the make of the car and the color of the car. Only a Yellow Residence permit option came up for S. I am assuming since you order the permit through your mybama account they already have your residence status in the system.</p>

<p>Thank you!</p>

<p>Can anyone give their version of the “most desirable” for off campus business/MIS students by catagory? I realize that most if not all will probably be sold out by the time my D is allowed to register, tomorrow, but here is order we are looking at:</p>

<ol>
<li> Reserved (Deck first option) – very expensive, I know</li>
<li> Perimeter (which ones?) – The ones by Publix first, then maybe over by Rec and ride bus?</li>
</ol>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>Called Parking – West Commuter and most of reserved sold out already. South Tenhoor Deck available.</p>

<p>Commuter by Rec is still open as well as new parking lot by Stallings Center. All Perimeter is still open.</p>

<p>For first timers like me: They told me that when we sign on to reserve a spot, it will tell you what is available. I was afraid we would have to actually try to reserve and be told it was not available.</p>

<p>If one has a yellow parking permit, can they park in any lot with the yellow circle indication? I’m assuming only Ridgecrest residents can park in the fancy garage, but can Riverside/Lakeside/Ridgecrest residents park in any lot that has the yellow R? I know there are flat ground lots by Blount, Lakeside, Riverside and Palmer that have the yellow circle designation. Can a student park there if they want to?</p>

<p>Another question in regards to parking permits. Since one has to indicate car, make, model, etc, what if the student gets a different car after they’ve already been mailed their permit? Do they have to buy another permit, turn in the old one for a new one, or can the car make, model, be simply changed online to update the barcode?</p>

<p>We were told that the tags could be moved from one car to another without a problem as long as they were legally parked – not sure of the “official” answer. There could be times where her car is in shop, etc. </p>

<p><a href=“http://bamaparking.ua.edu/images/11-12-maps/Yellow.pdf[/url]”>http://bamaparking.ua.edu/images/11-12-maps/Yellow.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>BLUE PERMIT:</p>

<p>Physically handicapped (permanently)
Parking: Blue zone or any legal parking space. TAN PERMIT:</p>

<p>Resident Student Parking: Tan zone and time limit zones only.<br>
GREEN PERMIT:</p>

<p>Faculty, Administration and Staff.
Parking: Green zones, Perimeter and time limit zones only.
ORANGE PERMIT:</p>

<p>Resident Student Parking: Orange zone and time limit zones only.<br>
BLACK PERMIT:</p>

<p>Faculty/Staff and students purchasing a reserved permit may park in their designated reserved deck/lot, Perimeter and Time Limit Zones only. GOLD PERMIT:</p>

<p>Retired Faculty and Staff Parking:
Any available, legal parking space.<br>
RED PERMIT:
Commuter Student (lives off campus)</p>

<p>•West Zone: Students purchasing this permit will be able to park in that specific zone, Perimeter and Time Limit Zones only.
•Northeast Zone : Students purchasing this permit will be able to park in that specific zone, Perimeter and Time Limit Zones only.
•Southeast Zone : Students purchasing this permit will be able to park in that specific zone, Perimeter and Time Limit Zones only.</p>

<p>SILVER PERMIT:</p>

<p>Resident Student Parking:
Silver zone and time limit zones only.</p>

<p>YELLOW PERMIT:</p>

<p>Resident Student Parking:
Yellow zone time limit zones only and Ferguson Deck only. </p>

<p>PERIMETER PERMIT:</p>

<p>Faculty Staff and Students Parking: Perimeter Zone and Time Limit Zones only.</p>

<p>Montegut,</p>

<ol>
<li><p>Anyone with a yellow residential permit can access the parking deck at RCS and park there…it doesn’t matter where they live. Be aware there are three separate entrances to the deck…one in the back to level 1 , two on the side between the Ridgecrest buildings for levels two and three. The levels are not connected except by stairs and elevator. The signs at the entrance will indicate if that level is full and the arm will not lift if that level is full. Levels three usually fills first, then two, and one hardly ever fills. All of the levels have secured access.</p></li>
<li><p>If the student gets a new car, just contact Parking Services to change it or you might can change it on My Bama. We were told by Parking Services that it was generally not a problem to use the parking permit in another vehicle on occasion but were told we could also list the other vehicle with Parking Services if the need arose to do so for an extended period of time.</p></li>
</ol>

<p>I initially registered my parents car when I applied for parking my freshman year. I then simply used the tag on my car - no issues at all. I did register my car my sophomore year though.</p>