Parking permits for campus residents-fall 2013

<p>Can anyone tell me when we will be able to purchase permits for parking for on campus residents? It seems like the emails went out last year before the spring term was over, but maybe I’m confused. I checked online but could not find anything for the upcoming school year. Thanks. I am talking about students who will be living on campus.</p>

<p>Maybe it’s different for freshmen, but I remember going to the transportation office last year during D’s late May Bama Bound session, and at that point it was too early for parking permits - we were instructed to do it later on in the summer. I can’t remember exactly when, though.</p>

<p>Depending on when you do Bama Bound… you can either apply for the Parking Permit at Bama Bound… or just keep checking to see when it is available. Worst Case, you can apply online right before arriving on campus … you will be able to print a temp permit for use when you get there and you will get a notification to pick up the hang tag at the Transportation Office when it is ready.</p>

<p>Thanks Rugbydad. My son is going to be a third year student. I also know that there are not an unlimited amount of permits. Each lot only holds so many cars and you can only get a permit for your particular dorm/apt. I’ll keep looking for info on the website as the summer moves along.</p>

<p>I checked the website and it looks like last year the date you could sign up for permits was June 25. I’m guessing it’ll be similar this year.</p>