Parking Question

Parking Registration opened up today, and I previously read that parking permits could be selected as a priority package (meaning, I could select the order of Lot 30/NSG/WCG). On the parking registration, I had to select my priority spaces individually. I selected Lot 30 as my first choice, and NSG as my second choice, however, I was not able to chose WCG as a choice. There was a bulletin at the bottom of the page saying if I cannot be assigned to one of the lots I selected, I would not be assigned a parking pass. So? Am I guaranteed a spot in at least WCG as an on campus student? Why did the option not show up as a choice when I was registering?

Thanks in Advance!

@“Aggie.Guard.23” do you have an incoming freshman?

I am the incoming freshman @52AG82

@“Aggie.Guard.23”
If you are an incoming freshman, you will select a lot closest to where you will live. During parking registration, students planning to live on campus should select their preferred parking option below that best matches where they requested to live.

Log back into parking registration after you get your housing assignment and before July 3 to make sure your parking choice matches where you will live.

Parking selection has changed for this year and it says you need to select a package vs individual lots/garages in order of preference.
This link shows the packages and has a log in icon. Maybe you can get to the packages from there. http://transport.tamu.edu/Parking/faqpermit/info-oncampus.aspx

Thanks for that info, yes @“Aggie.Guard.23” is aware of choosing a “package”, what she is concerned about is as of this morning when registration opened, there was no option for a "package"only individual lots. She will keep checking. Oh, for reference, aggie.guard.23 is the incoming freshman, I am the mom, lol. Taking that big step and letting her handle things on her own. She is in class now, and her school wifi doesn’t let her sign in and respond to CC, she can only read the replies.

@sweeney1996 Gotta love it when changes are made to the process and then they don’t allow you to accomplish what they are requiring.

@Thelma2, Right?! Anyhow, following your advice, I went and logged on her portal(with her permission), and now the package option comes up, go figure. At 645 this morning, she swears it wasn’t there. All changed, she(me)chose her package she wanted and resubmitted. As always, thanks for the guidance. Now, just wait for the dorm selection process. Oh boy!

If not living on campus is there a preferred location for freshman?

@momosmom If not a resident on campus, you will rank your preferences and pray for the best. All current students are able to get their current lot/garage, so after that, it’s a crap shoot.

@Thelma2 Thanks for the advice on an earlier thread to be watching for the parking pass opening up in April. Got my son’s request in today for the SSG on the south side. Even though he is guaranteed parking since he will be living on campus, the guarantee is for West Campus Garage across Welborn. He will be much happier if he gets SSG or a 40 lot since he should be in the commons (Engineering LLC)…

@Thelma2 , when you register for parking, you have to select a parking location. But my son doesn’t know what dorm he will be in yet. So, should be just make his best guess? Can it be changed later? I have called the parking office twice, and they said to wait until he has his dorm assignment. They said freshmen have priority, and that it’s not first come, first serve. I’m not sure I believe them, but that’s what they told me both times.

@CamandCam Getting registered is the main thing, to get your date stamp. Log back into parking registration after your son gets his housing assignment and before July 3 to make sure his parking choice matches where he will live. The “package Parking” is new for Fall 2019, but if it is like past years, you could change your preferences for parking before the deadline, so you could be by your housing after assignments came out.

The packaging makes it so much easier than the old way…

@miaggie1 He will get the garage or lot 40 since he put in on the first day. My son was in Engr LLC and was in SSG. Make sure he reads up on game day parking requirements. Most garages require they move their cars to a certain level.

@Thelma2 , ok, thanks. I went ahead and registered. Selected the “Southside Garage/Lot 40/West Campus Garage” option. Hopefully, he doesn’t end up with West Campus garage.

@CamandCam Residents on campus definitely get first dibs.

Thanks @AggieMomhelp