Parking Registration and Payment

<p>Most of the incoming freshmen just received an email with a time to register for their parking pass. My question is, when we register, do we have to pay the full amount up front?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>In the past the cost has been added to the fall bill which is due around the end of the first week of August. </p>

<p>Naive (and lazy) here…what if student is upper classman - is parking reg a competitive thing (like everything else) and you have to be in on a first come, first served basis? If students just want a parking pass for Spring semester, when is reg for that? Thank you for providing links, etc.</p>

<p>I’m hoping it’s not super competitive since I’m a junior transfer student and have the last possible time to register for one.</p>

<p>Ok, forget my earlier question…I’ve done some of my own research about parking…and now have a boatload of other questions. (The UA webpages on this are pretty hopeless, actually, IMO.) If a student wants to purchase a Commuter Parking permit, I guess they have to designate 1 of 3 ‘zones’ for that permit upfront (at time of registration)? Please clarify that. Also, what about the rec center - what permits are allowed there, because on the map, that is designated a NorthEast Commuter ‘zone’ only. If student needs to go to Health Center, and does not have a parking permit, will they be ticketed/fined? So confused, I am… </p>

<p>As long as a student has a parking permit they won’t be ticketed while parking at the rec center or the SHC. It doesn’t matter if the permit is residential, commuter, or perimeter. All commuter lots are red, but you need to determine which zone is best to purchase by looking at the maps before making a purchase. Students can purchase a permit for only one semester, but spring semester only permits wouldn’t be available now. Yes, the process is competitive like tickets. </p>