Parking sign up

<p>So DSs parking sign up day is tomorrow. Doesn’t really give a time but says it must be tomorrow. Is this something with limited spaces where he has to get online at 8am or will he be ok later in the day?</p>

<p>Well, if he lives on-campus, then there isn’t much to worry about. There is plenty of on-campus resident parking available.</p>

<p>I would try and get up as early as possible if you were looking to get a prime spot in commuter parking (like the Campus Drive parking deck) or in a reserve lot.</p>

<p>Thanks Feeno - on-campus so hope not being in at 8am isn’t an issue. :)</p>

<p>It looks like the sign ups start at 12:01 am. :)</p>

<p>Never mind what I said about the Campus Dr parking deck, it’s no longer commuter parking; it’s faculty-only now.</p>

<p>I keep trying to register for on campus parking, but it keeps saying it cannot display the page =/</p>

<p>the website was down</p>

<p>So does a freshman need to act quickly to get a residential on campus parking permit, i.e. do they reach capacity quickly? Is this football tickets all over again? Do I need to stress over this one?</p>

<p>just registered, it was open here at 6:20am and auto selected which area for us so no thinking required :)</p>

<p>I don’t know how it will all work out this year, but in the past, as long as you didn’t wait til later in the summer, you were fine. Hopefully that is still true.</p>

<p>If the Hub parking deck garage is all faculty now, where are those students supposed to park? Is there a new lot opening nearby?</p>

<p>Those seeking resident parking tags need not worry, there is plenty of room (and the number of zones has been reduced by four so it’s less complicated to figure out which zone you want).</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>The nearest commuter parking (North zone) is the lot behind New Fraternity Row (but not on the Row itself). Otherwise, the nearest parking is in the lots by the Rec Fields/Rec Center, including the new RV lots.</p>

<p>much less complicated to figure the zone you want, DS was not given a choice, must be determined by housing assignment.</p>

<p>Question – I was originally told my sign-up was June 27th (I guess because I went to an early Bama Bound), then June 30th, and it wouldn’t let me sign up yesterday. I’m living in Ridgecrest South. If it worked for you, where are you living?</p>

<p>DS is a second year student which is likely why his signup was earlier.</p>

<p>Ah, okay. I guess the initial date of June 27th for incoming freshmen was a mistake then? Thanks!</p>

<p>fyi - our son isnot taking his car to campus first semester. He spoke to the parking department guy who said he can wait till the end of first semester to sign up for a permit and that there will be permits available…</p>

<p>Thought I would post that info in case any of you are thining about the “no car first semester” program for the budding scholars in the family…</p>

<p>Was that in reference to residential or commuter parking?</p>

<p>freshman = residential</p>