Parking

<p>Does anyone know what kind of parking there is at Virginia Tech, mostly I'm asking are there any enclosed parking decks near any residency halls on campus? Any help would be greatly appreciated.</p>

<p>Theres a giant lot about a quarter mile away from the main part of campus called "The Cage" where residents part. Commuter students have other lots to park in. You can also park behind the football stadium but you have to move your car every time theres a basketball or football game and it isn't worth the hassle. You have to pay for a parking pass (<$100 I think) whether you're a commuter or on campus student if you want to park your car on campus. They like to tow people.</p>

<p>Be careful if you bring your car on campus. Either buy a parking pass for the Cage, or just park it downtown. I park mine at my fraternity house which is a little closer than the cage (but in the opposite direction) at the intersection of church and Washington and it works great (and is free $$!). Instead of buying a parking pass for the cage, i'd suggest just parking in the neighborhoods behind the stadium or downtown.</p>

<p>Thanks for the great info guys. My problem is I want to bring my motorcycle. I have anti-theft devices on the bike but I want to be able to park it somewhere safe and dry during the night.</p>

<p>You'll have to bring some sort of cover. We don't have indoor parking garages on campus and I don't know of any close by off campus.</p>

<p>Are first year students allowed to bring a car if they pay for the parking permit or is it only for upper classmen?</p>

<p>Anybody can bring a car as long as they pay for the permit.</p>

<p>I was wondering the same thing.</p>