Parsons or Pratt?

Hello,

I was just accepted into Parsons School of Design and Pratt Institute as a graduate student for Industrial Design for Fall 2020 with scholarships. I am extremely conflicted as to which school I should choose to attend.

It seems like Parsons is more organized and cares more about their students than Pratt. I always get a solid answer from Parsons whenever I call them, but Pratt always seems to beat around the bushes and always directs me to a different person to talk to, which makes everything so annoying and complicated. Despite that, I do see that Pratt is very well known and has a very strong Industrial Design program (running for 3 years instead of 2).

I don’t know, I just seriously need help making a decision. HELP!

Going to school in NYC is expensive, and coming out with an arts degree, I would pick the school that makes more sense from a cost perspective.

I don’t think you can really go wrong with either of them. I don’t know specifically about industrial design but I’ve know art students at both who’ve loved both. If the finances are significantly different between one vs the other that is a decent reason for choosing. Have you visited them - do you have a preference on the Brooklyn vs village locations?

Given that it is a pandemic I have not visited the schools. I do love the Manhattan area and that is where Parsons is located. Parsons will also be cheaper than Pratt.