Past Deadline?

<p>Hi all, I have kind of a unique situation that I need advice for. I’ve already applied and been accepted to colleges and was prepared to commit to a university this weekend. However, that decision was based of a need-based financial aid package I had received on April 1st. I just received a new financial aid package and my total amount was decreased by about 10,000 dollars- an amount my family cannot afford to supplement. </p>

<p>University of Alabama, a school I didn’t apply to, has rolling admissions, a full ride and a generous stipend for National Merit Finalist (which I am). However, their admissions website says to be considered for these scholarship, you had to apply by December 1st- which I didn’t do. </p>

<p>My question is- would it be acceptable to apply now and email both the Office of Financial Aid and the Director of Admissions explaining my situation to them and asking whether or not they could offer me the scholarship for next year?</p>

<p>some stats (if it helps)
GPA: 4.0 unweighted
SAT: 2390 (800 in reading and writing, 790 in math)
Leadership: President and Founder of our GSA, Head delegate and Founding Member of Model United Nations, Representative in Student Senate, Chapter Leader in Flood (volunteer)
School I was Going to commit to: Vanderbilt University</p>

<p>Yes, do it. I believe that Bama accepts NMF at any time.</p>

<p>Mom2collegekids will be along shortly with more info.</p>

<p>Nice scores BTW.</p>

<p>Not only acceptable but advisable. You may still be able to get the scholarship for the upcoming year. UA works well by phone, look on here for a recent similar question, Mom2ck will have specific contacts that may work best… I’ll go look for that link.
In the meantime you’ll need to have your app ready so I’d be ready to submit that.</p>

<p>Just sent you a PM :)</p>

<p>Check new PM.</p>

<p>There is a deadline…it’s the end of this month! (The Dec 1st deadline is ONLY for those who ONLY make NMSF. that doesn’t apply to NMFs.)</p>

<p>The good news is that YOUR deadline is the end of THIS month.</p>

<p>The app is super easy…takes like 5 minutes. Get it in!</p>

<p>Then send scores and transcripts.</p>

<p>Then fax Amber a copy of your NMF letter.</p>

<p>Then fax First Choice form to NM Corporation. If you don’t know where that form is, let us know. It’s on their website, but let us know if you can’t find it.</p>

<p>Amber Capell * <a href=“mailto:amber.capell@ua.edu”>amber.capell@ua.edu</a>
Scholarships fax number 205- 348-9046</p>