Path through High School

<p>I was just wondering...I'm a freshman in high school right now, and I'm not too sure what courses and what EC's to do in the coming years. I'm already in debate, and I plan to join FBLA and NHS, and some other clubs next year. What electives are you guys taking, and what helps the most in terms of the future?</p>

<p>Think about what you want to study in college or even what career you might take. If you want to go into the medical field for example, you want colleges to know that you both interested in the sciences outside of class and that you have a very social and philanthropic way of living. You could intern at your local hospital, take part in science competitions, volunteer at a homeless shelter, tutor/mentor a child etc. You could even start conducting your own scientific research, its never too early: [The</a> 15-year-old schoolboy whose invention could revolutionise cancer detection | Mail Online](<a href=“The 15-year-old schoolboy whose invention could revolutionise cancer detection | Daily Mail Online”>The 15-year-old schoolboy whose invention could revolutionise cancer detection | Daily Mail Online)</p>

<p>I hope you get the idea.</p>

<p>Honestly do what you enjoy and it will show if you have to write about it. You might change majors or career ideas between now and your senior year, I know I have multiple times :)</p>

<p>Ditch NHS. Among a pool of people just as competitive as you, NHS will only add to your conformity. Instead, start your own club about something worthwhile.</p>