Paty Dorm Electronics & Valuables

<p>Hello - Could someone please help with some technical questions concerning the Paty Dorm?</p>

<p>Are there 2 desks and 2 dressers per room?
Can you mount a TV to the bed frame?
Do both students share 1 Ethernet port outlet and 1 cable TV outlet per room? In other words, do we need a switch?
Is the Ethernet service fast enough for Xbox Live or Playstation online gaming?
How many A/C plug outlets are there per room?
Is it a good idea for a safe for valuables? Rings, watches, controllers, head phones, ect. when away from the room?</p>

<p>Thank you in advance for any information.</p>

<p>I don’t know anything about the Paty Dorm but I can give my thoughts on the safe. </p>

<p>A safe is a good thing. They are not expensive and provide safety and peace of mind. The most common “crime” in college theft by opportunity. Meaning if something is just lying around it is an opportunity for someone to take. Even if you trust your roommates your roommates will have some friends over when you are not there and that is the bigger concern. </p>

<p>My daughter had one and it just made her feel better about her stuff, especially her new MacBook Pro that she could slide in the safe and lock-up when she wasn’t around. </p>

<p>As the old phrase goes, better safe than sorry.</p>

<p>I HIGHLY recommend a small lockbox/safe of some sort. A friend’s daughter had her laptop and a few other items stolen right out of her dorm room last year. As much as our kids would like to think that it won’t happen to them, it does happen. Another item that I highly recommend for all students with a laptop is a locking laptop cable. After the friend’s was stolen, I sent my daughter one. One end plugs into the computer and needs a combination to get it out and the other end is secured to an object. Daughter secured hers to a set of shelves we bought that sat on top of her desk. If someone was going to steal her laptop, they would have to carry it out with the shelves attached to it.</p>