paty hall

<p>So after lots of discussion with my family, I decided to move in to dormitory…and i got paty hall.</p>

<p>Pros and cons of paty hall?</p>

<p>Pros: It’s one of the least expensive options.</p>

<p>Cons: There’s a reason it’s one of the least expensive options–it’s old and has a reputation for not being up to the same maintenance standards as most of the dorms on campus. It’s also all male and doesn’t offer any honors options as far as I know. My son ended up assigned to Paty, as well, because of not committing to UA until April, after he’d received all his admissions decisions. He requested a reassignment to honors housing and is still waiting.</p>

<p>I think one’s reaction to Paty will depend upon what one’s expectations were. My son was led to believe he would be living in an honors suite, which had a big influence on his decision to attend UA, so being assigned to Paty was disappointing, but I suspect Paty is a pretty typical American dormitory.</p>

<p>If you search on “Paty” in the search engine for the UA threads you’ll get more detailed info.</p>

<p>We’ve actually put a lot of resources into Paty in the last couple of years. And last week a Raising Cane’s opened on the first floor, and it’s delicious!</p>

<p>Was just going to post Raising Cane’s as a pro of Paty – daughter who is living in RCE is very excited about that. Also, Paty has a great central location – comparable to the Ridgecrests – for classes on the quad, convenience to the Ferg, etc.</p>

<p>That’s all nice to hear. Thanks for the update, @UAHousing. Will there be any honors floors in Paty?</p>

<p>Had never heard of Raising Cane’s, so for anybody else curious: <a href=“http://fawp.ua.edu/bamadining/raising-canes/”>http://fawp.ua.edu/bamadining/raising-canes/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Not sure I really want my kid to have easy access to deep-fried chicken fingers at all hours of the night and day, as it took me literally YEARS to get him to eat anything BUT chicken fingers, nuggets and tenders, but I’m sure he’ll be thrilled! ;-)</p>

<p>CHicken is awesome@!!</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>@UAHousing, can you comment on the actual dorm rooms and baths? Have they been recently updated as well?</p>

<p>at least there are microwave, fridge and air conditioner.</p>