Paying Fall bill?

<p>Have they announced when they are going to make the fall bill payable? I go away in 8 days and my parents want to pay it before we go away.</p>

<p>I think I read July 23 somewhere.</p>

<p>Letter we received yesterday states the Fall 2012 bill will be available July 23 and the payment/confirmation due date is Friday, August 10.</p>

<p>23 was also date we were told – and they (Aid) also told us that a private scholarship had been recieved, but we wouldn’t see it until bill was posted – so don’t panic if you don’t see something yet…</p>

<p>Ok also does my financial aid get taken out of my bill or do i have to use it on it?</p>

<p>I found out at BB, I must have missed it somewhere, but if you want to use the payment plan the deadline to sign up for that is July 13, so don’t delay.</p>

<p>Financial Aid gets automatically deducted from your bill. If you have a refund coming it will be paid on August 12th. I suggest you set up direct deposit if you haven’t done so already. Click on the student tab, then student services, and then student receivables to get the direct deposit link.</p>

<p>DH signed DS up for the payment plan last week. It’s a simple application and his payments are automatically deducted from his college savings account for ten consecutive months. Psychologically it is less painful to make monthly payments rather than the twice a year five figure payments we make for our DD.</p>

<p>If only Bama had been on her radar! She qualified for the presidential. Oh well, live and learn.</p>

<p>Does anyone know if the payment plan will deduct from a credit card? We want to do that for the air miles…</p>

<p>vlines - I don’t know firsthand but remember another parent telling me he couldn’t use his Southwest Visa for the payment plan. I think he said they take MC, Discover, Amex but no Visa at all.</p>

<p>Visa is good, Amex isn’t. From the Bama website:</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>^but (from what I was told from another dad) the payment plan is different than that.</p>

<p>So there is NO penalty for paying your bill by credit card???</p>

<p>^^That’s correct, Jetsfan. There is no penalty for paying the student bill by credit card.</p>