Paying for Purdue?

<p>I'm OOS but have fallen in love with Purdue. My stats are pretty good 31 act and about 3.5 uw gpa 4.2 w with good ec's. Do Many people get scholarships from Purdue? How difficult is it to pay for OOS if I decide Purdue really us for me? Thanks! :)</p>

<p>I had similar stats with a higher ACT and I got 10k per year. I am OOS as well. Best of luck. The biggest scholarships come out in January</p>

<p>Wow thanks! I wasn’t sure there was hope for me for a scholarship haha thanks for your help!</p>

<p>My son had a higher GPA (3.97U) and the same 31 ACT, as well as very diverse ECs including 2 leadership positions.</p>

<p>He was IS and applied to engineering and did not get any money from Purdue (so now he’s at a different school). He had a classmate also applying to engineering with a lower GPA and lower ACT that did get the small 2K award.</p>

<p>Beginning 2 years ago Purdue decided not to base their merit-aid exclusively on merit (the rumor on old threads was that alumni were compaining because students that excelled in ECs were being denied money). So I suggest writing a REALLY good essay and having a teacher/parent proofread it and then cross your fingers.</p>

<p>Thanks! I spent a lot of time on my essay and had two English teachers read it multiple times. I’m not going into engineering ( ill be majoring in animal sciences) so it won’t be quite as competitive but I made sure to put a lot of time and effort into my essay. Thanks again!</p>