Payment Errors

I recently submitted my UC application a few hours ago. However, when I was submitting my payment, the window unexpectedly closed, and when I relogged into the UC admissions website, it gave me an option to submit my application but not an option to submit payment. When I go the fees and payment information page, all it says is that the payment is pending. I cannot find an option on the portal to submit my payment. Is there some way to actually enter credit card information and pay? Also, since the deadline is coming up, do I need to submit the payment before November 30 for my application to be valid?

What happens when you try to submit again? There is another submit step after you have paid.

I called the UC admissions help desk, and they said that as long as I received a confirmation email (which I did), I should be fine. I should log in 2-3 days later to submit the payment online.

@FarWestCoast When I reopened the page after it closed, the only option it gave me was to submit my application. It didn’t give me any option to pay.