Peace Of Mind??

<p>I applied to PU and did not get a "peace of mind" letter. I got an email stating that they received everything and that I would hear by Dec 10. Does that mean that I am not accepted??? :(</p>

<p>^^
I think it means that you will receive a decision by Dec 10th.</p>

<p>From what I’ve heard, the only people getting the letter applied super early. And I got a peace of mind letter and one of those emails. So getting an email and not a peace of mind letter is not indicative of a rejection.</p>

<p>My son applied super early as soon as the app was available but only got the email.</p>

<p>I applied the week after the online application went live. I haven’t gotten a peace of mind email/letter or an email saying that they were reviewing my application. I thought I had a good chance of getting in since my grades are pretty good and I know they have my completed application because my father called them, but the lack of any admissions emails other than those newsletters has really made me nervous about my status.</p>

<p>In speaking with admissions today, they said the" peace of mind letters" were sent to only the top applicants and if your son/daughter did not receive one of these letters, it gives no indication that they have not been admitted. They encouraged us to call them even if he/she found out on the 10th that they were not admitted and discuss the possibilities. A pleasure to talk with them!</p>

<p>From what I am seeing those letters are going to the top students who applied who pretty much did not even need to worry about making it in. Don’t get to worked up over a letter and wait for the real decision with the rest of us haha.</p>

<p>My bad did not see that was already said.</p>

<p>I hardly believe it was given to “top applicants”. A friend of mine received one who has significantly lower stats than me yet I have not received one myself. Perhaps it’s because I’m applying to pre-pharmacy whereas he is construction management major? Who knows.</p>

<p>Maybe because Purdue admits straight to programs, it is top applicants per program. And since pre-pharmacy is more competitive, that might be why you didn’t get one. And, I applied into engineering and got one.</p>

<p>Now I’m worried…
I’m out-of-state.
34 ACT
3.99 unweighted high school GPA
4.00 college GPA (94 credits; dual-enrollment)
Advanced math including calculus 1, 2, 3, multivariable, linear alg, differential equations. Also engineering physics 1, 2, 3.
Good ECs
Applied to Aeronautics and Astronautics Engineering on October 18th</p>

<p>Only received the email.</p>

<p>I thought I was competitive and that Purdue was a match. Maybe it is more of a reach than I assumed :(</p>

<p>If I got in, you got in. Maybe you just didn’t apply early enough to get one… No need to stress over nothing.</p>

<p>My son was accepted to Purdue last year, and I don’t remember him ever getting a likely letter.</p>

<p>Did any OOS people get the letters?</p>

<p>I think everyone should forget about these “peace of mind” letters. Get real and relax. The letters are not indicative of anything/admissions to Purdue. That being said, these “letters” probably should have never been brought up in the first place.</p>

<p>

<a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/purdue-university-west-lafayette/1030160-decisions.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/purdue-university-west-lafayette/1030160-decisions.html&lt;/a&gt;
Posts 16 & 19

Why shouldn’t those that were fortunate enough to receive these “Peace Of Mind” letters share that news with others on this forum?</p>

<p>Because it appears that Purdue sent these letters almost at random; some people got them, some didn’t and maybe should have. Now, everyone is confused/worried about whether or not they will get this mythical letter because they think the letter means something, when, in fact, these letters mean nothing.</p>

<p>

I don’t agree. I think it is very likely that Purdue was making an attempt (within their stated admissions notification time-frame) to give encouragement to certain people about the likelihood of being admitted. Purdue may be trying to hold on to those people they (for whatever reason) want most to enroll. Just my opinion…

You do not know this to be true. There is no reason to believe that Purdue just randomly decided to start sending out POM letters. </p>

<p>In the interest of full disclosure: my son did NOT receive a POM letter but did receive an email. If anyone WANTS to believe these letters mean nothing it would be me. However I think they do have significance and I am happy for those fortunate (good) enough to have received them. FWIW I don’t think most of those that only received the email are going to be rejected. They just won’t have “Peace Of Mind” until December.</p>

<p>Just because we haven’t figured out the pattern of the way they’re sending these out (date needed to apply, stats, in/out of state), doesn’t mean they mean “nothing.” Like aglages said, it could be that the university wants to hold onto these applicants for any reason. </p>

<p>And I only said anything about my letter because I thought it was really weird, and I figured I should tell you all on here to see if anyone got any/knew what they meant. I also think I’m the first person that posted about one, so I feel partially responsible for creating this obsession over the letters.</p>

<p>There is nothing to figure out. Plenty of colleges do this and it isn’t odd.
Although you said the letter is not indicative of anything, you are making people to believe it means something, no offense. And now it has just created a snowball effect. People should not be worried just because they didn’t get a letter and now people are. Everyone is stressed out enough over college apps. So everyone just needs to chill with the letter situation. You all will find out soon enough if you got accepted or not.</p>