Pearson Room and Furniture Dimensions

<p>I will most likely be in Pearson next semester, and I was wondering if anyone had any measurements on the room's dimensions and those of the dressers and desks. Thanks!</p>

<p>[Room</a> Layouts | Residential Life and Housing | University of Miami](<a href=“http://www.miami.edu/sa/index.php/residential_life/housing_a-z/room_layouts/]Room”>Student Affairs I University of Miami)</p>

<p>So it all worked out after you weren’t in the lottery initially? Was it a wait list situation that you cleared or were you able to get something worked out with the housing office? Did you get a good signup time? IllD93’s time is 12:45 pm tomorrow…</p>

<p>I’m still technically on the wait list, but I am pretty sure I’ll be getting off. My friend who I plan to room with did get the lottery, and he said that there’s a way to still room with him, so he’ll be picking the room and I’ll be joining him once I get off the wait list.</p>

<p>Anyone have dimensions of the furniture? I know the bedloft is 80" long, but what about the desk and dresser in the room? I highly doubt that they’re drawn to scale in the picture…</p>

<p>Sounds good! I spoke to Jon Baldessari in housing a few weeks ago. He said that roughly 95% of students were selected in the lottery which was a higher number than I’d heard from past years so hopefully all on the wait list will be just fine. In a parent FAQ session a few weeks back Dr. Whitely stated that all returning freshmen who wanted on campus housing would be accommodated.</p>

<p>I’m pretty late with this info but now that August is here I’m finally starting to plan a bit - in only a few weeks we’ll be heading back down! I called housing yesterday to ask about furniture dimensions in M/P since I couldn’t find this info anywhere online. What a difference movable furniture will make! </p>

<p>Per housing:</p>

<p>Desk is 30 ½" high x 46 ½" wide x 20 1/2" deep. There are two different types of shelving on top of the desk – some rooms have a bookshelf with two shelves while others have a shorter one shelf high hutch. In either case, they are not attached to the desk (unlike the one-piece units in the freshman halls which provided tons of shelf space since they were so tall) so can be removed. The girl I spoke with in housing was a student and said she removed her desk hutch and replaced it with a taller unit she bought elsewhere. She then turned the []_[]'s shelf/hutch on its side and used it as a night stand. </p>

<p>Dresser size is 42” high x 30” wide x 22" deep.</p>

<p>What other items will DS need in M/P/Eaton that he wouldn’t have needed in Stanford last year? Shower curtain, bath mat,or hand soap??? Thanks!</p>

<p>Any idea about how far the bathroom extends into the room? The measurement isn’t labeled in the floorplan :/</p>

<p>@boyswhofish - My daughter will be in a single with a tub/shower - it looks like doubles have a shower so in that case he wouldn’t need the tub related stuff. The thread below from a few years back has some pictures of a double including a partial shot of the bathroom:</p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-miami-florida/965759-dorms-pearson-particular.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-miami-florida/965759-dorms-pearson-particular.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>I’m not exactly sure what I’m looking at there though - it’s kind of dark. After lightening it all the way I can clearly see a curtain but it looks as if it’s for the toilet area so I don’t know if the _ provided that or if that’s another thing that might be needed for the suite bathrooms? </p>

<p>Anyway here’s our bathroom list so far:</p>

<p>shower curtain hooks
fabric shower curtain
shower curtain liner
non slip tub mat
small bath rug
over the toilet spacesaver shelving unit (recommended by a friend whose daughter was in a single in Pearson last year)
3m Command water resistant hooks/wall pockets/soap dish
vertical tension rod tub shelves
Bath and Body Works foaming hand soap/bath gel/etc (she’s nuts about that place)
trash bin</p>

<p>and of course toilet paper and bathroom cleaning supplies - toilet brush, etc</p>

<p>@marinebio444 - I know you’re in a double and unfortunately I only asked housing about the room dimensions for a single - sorry! I noticed they had changed the single room measurements for M/P recently on the _‘s website which made sense since the previous measurements couldn’t have been accurate. We saw a single room during move-out with the bed placed along a wall perpendicular to the window where it would not have fit according to the old schematic - an XL twin would not fit in a space that had been labeled 6’3". The new picture shows that space at 6’9". Also changed were the dimensions in width and depth for the entire room - the old one had 13’ x 14’2" but now it’s listed as 12’3" x 14’1".</p>

<p>The new measurements for the single do look accurate based on the room we saw, but definitely things are not drawn to scale. I would call housing to check about the double. In the photos linked above the dressers are in the closet. Dressers are not shown in either the single or double schematic for some reason. Also listed in that thread are the window dimensions for a double since I’m not sure how dark the vertical blinds make the room? A big difference from the tiny window in the Stanford/Hecht rooms with hurricane shutters that darkened the room completely.</p>

<p>Good to know, thanks for the information! I’ll have to get in touch with my suite-mates about all the bathroom stuff (should be a little less complicated with guys, but you never know). Did you just call the normal housing office to get the dimensions?</p>

<p>Yep, I just called the number I found on housing’s website hoping someone would be there over the summer. The student I talked to is an RA in Mahoney or Pearson during the school year and was just working in the housing office for the summer. She was very helpful - she knew everything first-hand since she lives there.</p>

<p>Sweet, thanks! I can’t believe there’s only two weeks and a couple days until I head back down there, it’s crazy how quickly the summer went by!</p>

<p>Thanks Illinoismom! Fingers crossed cleaning supplies don’t return home in May unused!</p>