Pending Application - How Long Until Acknowledgment?

<p>Hello, all. :slight_smile: </p>

<p>I received a letter from UA about a week ago letting me know that I’ll be awarded the Presidential Scholarship if I’m accepted by December 1*. I’m not into the South at all (UA looks incredibly awkward on my list), but a full-tuition scholarship is too good of an offer to pass up at a perfectly decent university. I submitted the main application (not the scholarship one) the night of November 1. Does anyone know how long it typically takes for UA applications to be acknowledged? Will I get a confirmation email of some kind? I really need to fill out that scholarship app and I’m getting a bit anxious. </p>

<p>Thanks a bunch!</p>

<p>*For the curious - I’m a National Achievement Semifinalist. We don’t need a minimum 1400 SAT CR/M in order to be eligible for the Presidential Scholarship, just a 3.5 GPA and an acceptance by the deadline.</p>

<p>did you get the confirmation email with the CWID and instructions? you can fill out the scholarship app before you get admitted</p>

<p>No, I haven’t gotten that email yet. I figured that since UA is a large university the office is bound to be overrun with last-minute applications like mine, but it’s been two days, so I worry.</p>

<p>Question - Would the email be sent to my account or the person’s who paid for the application?</p>

<p>you’ll get it tomorrow…90% chance</p>

<p>Okay, I’ll keep calm. :)</p>

<p>Congrats on becoming a NASF! :)</p>

<p>*Would the email be sent to my account or the person’s who paid for the application? *</p>

<p>It should be mailed to whatever email account that you listed on your application. Did you list yours?</p>

<p>let us know if you don’t receive an email by tomorrow. </p>

<p>Don’t worry, you’re fine. You’re a NASF, Bama wants you. :slight_smile: Bama loves National scholars.</p>

<p>Did you know that when you’re named a finalist that you’ll be offered free honors housing, a laptop computer, and other goodies, too? </p>

<p>I see that you’re from Washington, DC. :slight_smile: Bama has 9 students from that area!</p>

<p>Daydream11: Just to let you know, there are lots of kids from the Washington-Baltimore corridor attending Alabama. My son is from Virginia – we live about 90 minutes (on a good day with no Beltway traffic) from DC. He has met several students who went to school in Maryland or Virginia. So you won’t find yourself out of place. Also, one of my son’s GF’s suite mates is National Achievement. She is majoring in physics.</p>

<p>I’m glad you received the NASF letter and decided to apply to UA. You should be accepted very soon.</p>

<p>I highly suggest you visit campus. Also, while UA and the state of Alabama are in the South (as are parts of Virginia and Maryland), many of the students at UA, even some that are Alabama residents, are not from the South.</p>

<p>have you gotten it yet, daydream?</p>

<p>@siglio: I have! About an hour and a half after I went to bed, too. :slight_smile: I promptly filled out the scholarship application (there’s only one right? Is there an extra one for the honors college?) as soon as I got home this evening.</p>

<p>@mom2: I listed mine. I always ask, though, just in case. I’m a bit paranoid like that. And I do now, thanks for the info. I doubt I’ll be a finalist, but I certainly hope that turns out to be the case!</p>

<p>@momreads: Alas, it’s history for me, but that’s good to know that I’ll have company! And SEA, I’ll definitely make a visit. I worry about fitting in in the South and UA is the only sports school I’ve applied to (all of the others are LAC or LAC-types and lean on the sports side of things), so a visit is definitely in order! My mom will drag me down there anyway. It’s a full-tuition scholarship; she won’t let it go so quickly. :p</p>