Penn Nursing Program

<p>Does anyone have any info on the Penn program? Admissions advice? Are you in the program and do you like it? How many students are admitted per year?</p>

<p>My d just graduated from Penn in May - great program! They take around 100 students.
Be sure to interview with the nursing department if you go for a campus visit.</p>

<p>My daughter is a freshman in the program now and loves it. Make the most of your ecs. Make sure you have some that are related to the major. For instance my daughter did some shawdowng of nurses and PAs the summer of her junior year. Marianne Smith does the interviews for the nursing program at Penn and she is wonderful and puts you right at ease.</p>

<p>What does it mean if Marianne Smith called me? We talked for about 15 mins and after I hung up I was excited, but when I thought about the conversation I realized I didn’t answer some questions very well. She asked me if I had any question about Penn which I did not have at the top my my head so told her I’d call her back if I thought of any. I also didn’t have the best response to why I wanted to attend the university. It’s my first choice but I was just so surprised and caught off guard! I did let her know that Penn is my first choice though, and that I am sincerely very interested in pursuing nursing.</p>

<p>btw, this was today. she was also trying to sell me the school which she really didn’t need to because it’s my first choice and i already did a lot of research on it. was this an interview/screening or advertising the school? should I call her back asap?</p>

<p>It sounds like the phone call was informational. I wouldn’t read too much into it one way or another.</p>

<p>The call or meeting with Marianne is both - an interview and a sales-pitch! It’s pretty low key though as an interview so don’t worry too much. For my d it was a chance to find out what they were looking for in applicants and to explain some of her experiences in person (we lived overseas at the time and it was difficult for her to do any medical shadowing or hospital volunteer work - Penn really wants that on the application). She interviewed before applying and Marianne sold her on Nursing as a major. Then when we attended the Nursing Preview she was sold on Penn.</p>

<p>got a likely letter :slight_smile:
thanks for the answer!</p>

<p>does anyone know when penn notifies nursing students of their decision?</p>