Penn State Class of 2027 Official Thread

good luck! hope it comes soon!

same!

1 Like

Congratulations to kids who have been accepted to date! Please remember to post the stats in the Decision thread. For those still waiting, there is still a lot of time!

2 Likes

Thank you…the waiting is the worst part of this.

We’re waiting with you!

1 Like

My DS18 got admitted to Aerospace Eng.

1. GPA 4/4 UW
  2. SAT 1350
  3. STEM activity on satellite assembly
  4. Lot of Community/Voluntary work

There is no date by which we should accept. DS wants to wait on A&M. How much time he has before loosing the admission?

2 Likes

May 1st is National Decision Day so he has until then to accept. It used to be that housing was determined by the date you submitted your enrollment fee, so it was beneficial to accept early to get the housing you wanted - but now it’s random, like everything else! So no need to accept earlier than May 1st if you have other schools you are waiting on.

1 Like

Thank you for clarification

1 Like

When do merit aid notifications go out? And on an average, what range of scholarships can we expect for OOS?

Same

Just got in again…no change

@Topgolf Usually $0 merit for both out of state and instate. Schreyer Honors College students get $5000 a year but most students get no merit aid.

2 Likes

Do not expect any merit aid. It’s extremely unlikely. Penn State participates in state and federal need-based aid programs - and non-need-based scholarships are available from the academic departments but are usually given to current students. My niece was able to get a full ride her last two years through the college of agriculture, but she was a 4.0 student at Penn State and was extremely involved on campus and with her department in research etc…

So there are opportunities there. But freshmen do not get them - in state or OOS.
I love almost all things Penn State…my husband and I are both alumni and 3 of my 4 kids have gone there - but they are NOTORIOUSLY stingy on financial aid. They are not a private university, but also not a state university…that in-between area makes merit scholarship funding tough.

It’s always a good idea to run the net price calculator for every school you are interested in. Run Penn State’s net price calculator and you will likely see that the only thing offered as possibilities are loans.

2 Likes

Is anybody else getting an error message? I logged in like 30 mins ago and it was working and now it’s not.

Never mind it’s working now

I got into Penn State UP for CS. What aspects about the CS program make it good compared to other programs out there?

1 Like

Anyone get any decisions at 12 noon today? Been waiting and nothing. My sons TO button has been gone he changed majors yesterday with the recommendation of an admission advisor. Now I’m here waiting on pins and needles.

How did you get that recommendation. Nothing here and now wondering if it’s her major

He was denied for UP and got his second choice campus. He was so upset UP is really his dream. My son called and admissions counselor worked with him on the phone and changed his major for him. Told him to watch his mypenn state for a decision.

3 Likes

This year? I hadn’t heard of any denials yet. Good luck to him!

6 Likes