Penn State Class of 2027 Official Thread

Thanks! I heard UGA was very competitive this year. A friend’s son had a 98 GPA and 1400 SAT with lots of AP’s and got deferred from UGA and it was his first choice. Crazy how competitive that school became.

Yes, UGA had a 12% acceptance for OOS in early decision. They had 26,000 applications. Everyone we know who applied was deferred. Very tough OOS now.

1 Like

My TO button disappeared last night, checked this morning turns out I got into Smeal at UP. I’m so excited!!!

8 Likes

Congrats! When did you apply?

Date of application seems to have no bearing

1 Like

Would you mind sharing your stats?

Yes–in talking to our local admissions rep, once they won the National Champtionship in football, applications skyrocketed. It’s a great school on it’s own, but that pushed it higher. My DS decided not to apply (too far away), but we were impressed.

Yes, my oldest son got his acceptance in mid-Dec 2019. Now awaiting middle son’s acceptance- fingers crossed.

My TO disappeared within the last few hours; so, let’s see what happens!!! I applied to Smeal too

5 Likes

Good luck! When did you apply?

Turns out I was right and I got my acceptance last night!! I applied to Smeal as a Business Administration major (to UP) on October 17th as an in-state applicant and I got my decision on December 1st!!

6 Likes

October 17th, you can check my post above for more info!

My dd is in, found out this morning. Applied early August to meteorology but got a letter that told her she hadn’t met the prerequisites so to pick a different major. She’s in with a Community, Environment and Development major, out of state, 5 APs, 3.84 us gpa, 4.1 weighted, TO.

5 Likes

can someone tell me what dd means? or ds? I feel like I’m the only one who doesn’t know lol

Dear daughter or dear son

My daughter just checked her portal and found an acceptance. It wasn’t there when she looked yesterday. Her TO button never disappeared. She did not receive an email, so tell your kids to check their portals every day.

College of Education
OOS
4.0 UW, 4.1 W GPA
test optional
school does not rank
applied 9/24

4 Likes

DS just noticed TO button missing today. The button was there yesterday so I am hoping we can expect a decision at midnight. Let’s see!

3 Likes

What time did it disappear?

My daughters button is also missing and it was there earlier today. Crossing my fingers as she was bummed to be deferred by Clemson today!

1 Like

Could someone tell me what the TO button stands for and where would that be exactly.

1 Like