Penn State Class of 2027 Official Thread

@Usrenoli You could ask to be reconsidered for DUS (undecided) or another major (e.g., Economics) at UP. If you didn’t already indicate that you would accept summer admission, and you are open to that possibility, you could let them know that too.

2 Likes

Has anyone received summer admission yet, who indicated on application as an option?

Dd got in!
To button left last night sometime between 6:30 and 9.
Oos, UP, criminology

2 Likes

for summer start?

Fall ,UP

2 Likes

Congratulations :partying_face:

1 Like

I would suggest changing the major and adding summer start option if you did not do so originally.

3.64 weighted is at the bottom of the middle 50% and Smeal applicants are usually in the top 25% of applicants, and actually higher than that. In general, I don’t advise anyone to apply directly to Smeal unless they have very high stats. Even DUS is much more competitive these days and a lower middle 50% range might not get you in.

I’d suggest asking for reconsideration for a liberal arts major and summer start. Once your student is in, they can change their major to DUS and get into smeal that way, providing they successfully complete the entry to major requirements needed for Smeal.

3 Likes

Anyone else getting an error message when logging into their mypennstate portal ?

I did this morning, but then opened an incognito window and it worked fine.

which ingcognito window would that be :slight_smile: I still can’t get in even after closing browser and refreshing.

Any Nursing applicants hear yet?

Not that I have seen.

1 Like

My daughter was accepted today. Her test optional button disappeared sometime before 8:30pm last night. I’ll post her stats in the decision thread. She got into biology which I had not seen many science admits yet.

3 Likes

Are any accepted student going to attend the accepted students info session? I see there is one Dec 15 by “school” but every time I try to register it sends me to her acceptance

Where did you see that at?

Under the acceptance there is a flyer to look at and it has the link in there

This is exactly the response my son got a few weeks ago! He had applied to Planetary Sciences and they asked him to switch his program. He has a 3.93 UW, APs, lots of EC and is National Honor Society president. But now waiting again after switching his applied program. He did get an error message tonight when logged onto the portal. Maybe something is brewing.

Anyone know if they ever release decisions on the weekends…or is it a waste of time to keep hitting refresh :slight_smile:

My daughter received an email about her acceptance day on the 15th for engineering.

My son did not have any problem to register for the accepted student info session for Dec 15th for Smeal. I would suggest you call the admission office and ask for help with registration.

1 Like