Penn State Class of 2027 Official Thread

Sure. Again this was almost 5 years ago, but she applied to the Architecture program with a 1350 SAT, OOS, 3.7 weighted GPA, only 2 APs senior year, multiple sports/captain, NHS, Spanish Honor Society. She got an invite to a For the Glory event. Had no idea that at the end of the event they gave scholarships.
She only knows of 1 other person who received the Provost, which tells you how few they give out. Per the early responses, PSU is super tight with the $. Expect nothing.

1 Like

Still waiting! applied labor day weekend so beginning of September for Forensic Science!

1 Like

we are waiting on forensics too. Good luck

1 Like

Still waiting and checking every few hours if the TO button dissapears :cold_sweat:

I have a friend whose dd was accepted 2 years ago, intended speech pathology major. They offered her $6,000 a year. She needed up at JMU as that did not dent the price OOS too much.

@AAJ724 It is very hefty OOS. We told our dd she would have to get an internship in the local navy base (engineering) as they cover 1/2 tuition and books. You do have to give 2 years to gov upon graduation.

Iā€™m assuming that Penn State recalculates the GPA, is that correct? Curious if anyone knew. We are still waiting. Applied early action so I guess at the longest it will be 12/15.

Early action is 12/24, not 12/15.

And yes, they ā€œrecalculateā€ gpa, but not to compare against others - to compare against how you performed for your own high school grading scale and rigor. They recalculate to get average GPAā€™s for admitted students etcā€¦

I didnā€™t think it disappeared in weekends

Do you know how they do it?

1 Like

My 2021 received 6k 2 years agoā€¦she wasnā€™t honors. I hear that was alot for PSU.

1 Like

Would you mind sharing major and stats? Thank you

2 Likes

It was 2 years ago so Iā€™m a little fuzzy on the exact stats but she went TO, I believe she had a 4.67 weighted and went in undecided. She didnā€™t end up choosing PSU, even with that money it was still too expensive.

2 Likes

Does Penn State tell you what they recalculate the GPA to? It would be interesting to know!

nope. It would be interesting to know, but way too much information/data in the hands of applicants.

2 Likes

DD was accepted nursing this week. OOS

1 Like

Any word if any students have been accepted to the College of agriculture sciences?

The college of nursing gives out a few scholarships to upperclassmen who have strong GPAs, show financial need, and seem to be likely candidates to want to work in rural areas. My daughter got $10k from the college of nursing that we werenā€™t expecting nor did she apply for. Some of these scholarships can be real specific and arenā€™t GPA related. Also, the larger the college, the harder it is to get a college-level scholarship. College of Agriculture tends to have a number of scholarships, too. To be blunt, Penn State doesnā€™t have to give out a lot of merit awards. They have an abundance of high stat applicants at UP who are willing and able to pay full price, unfortunately.

2 Likes

Based on a Facebook group Iā€™m in it seems all schools have had an acceptance but nursing?

My son is undeclared and I havenā€™t seen many of those either. Still waiting.

3 Likes