Penn State Class of 2027 Official Thread

That is what it seems like!

1 Like

I havenā€™t seen any for Forensic Science either, still waiting !

2 Likes

At least we know we will hear back this month! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am starting to worry that not hearing yet is a bad sign. Are they saving the rejections for last? My ddā€™s TO button is still there after 6pmā€¦ :frowning:

1 Like

My daughter was accepted into Agricultural Sciences back on November 15th.

Congrats:) do you mind sharing her stats.

Who m Facebook group are you referring to?

1 Like

No absolutely not a bad sign. Penn Stateā€™s decisions are entirely random. And I mean that. Completely. There is absolutely no correlation between the date of the decision and the decision outcome. MOST students who apply EA hear mid-December through Dec 24th.

3 Likes

Reminder to everyone here that EA decisions are due by Dec 24th. Thatā€™s all Penn State tells you. Decisions are random and the date of application, the college applied to, and decision dates are not correlated.
Also, I havenā€™t seen many people talk about this but a deferral to the regular decision pool IS a decision. So the decision you will get by Dec 24 is
1)Admission to UP for fall or summer
2)Deferred to commonwealth campus
3)Decision deferred to Regular Decision timeframe which is a decision by Jan 31.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t seen many deferred to commonwealth campus or deferred to regular decision pool decisions yet. Maybe thatā€™s what is still coming later this month?

I sincerely hope you are right! It just seems like so many people have heard already.

1 Like

We too are waiting anxiously over hereā€¦but if it helps with an ease of mindā€¦ I happened to look at the decision thread for last yearā€™s admittance class and you can see that there were a lot of acceptances issued mid December - that were to UP - and didnā€™t have much correlation to anything special. So @jlhpsu is probably right about the random order! Anyways, I am sticking with that lol

4 Likes

I have heard personally of a handful deferred to commonwealth campuses over the last few weeks.

My sonā€™s TO button disappeared tonight sometime between 5:30 and 7:30pm. Crossing fingers for good news after midnight. :crossed_fingers:t2: :pray:t2:

11 Likes

Same

2 Likes

I know a few deferrals to other campuses and we are on the other side of the country so we consider those to effectively be denials.

My son applied Labor Day and still hasnā€™t heard. He was checking pretty regularly and is losing interest in light of recent acceptances elsewhere (my fault for reading these threads and having him check :blush: )

Thatā€™s reasssuring! Thank you!

best of luck!

2 Likes

I applied to school of business but I didnā€™t realize that I needed to be enrolled in PreCalc or have taken it, so they sent me something back saying I donā€™t qualify for it, and I could change my major. I emailed them immediately and changed to Communications. Do you know Iā€™ll receive a decision by the EA date (by Dec 24) or will I be in regular decision now?

1 Like

Thank you. Same to you!

1 Like