Penn State Class of 2027 Official Thread

Oh, I forgot or confused you with another NJ name. Sorry!! Congratulations to your family!

1 Like

HI all! Just posted in the decision thread. TWINS ARE IN! This has been stressful given a 3 week time lapse between decisions. I also want to validate the TO button disappeared for both decisions which came exactly at midnight. Decisions are also unpredictable this year!

7 Likes

Congrats!!!

ugh this waiting game is not fun!

3 Likes

what is the TO button?

It’s the button to change your answer for the Test Optional question. It appears on the left side on the portal. When we checked last night around 8:00 it had disappeared for her, and then her decision was available after midnight, too.

1 Like

Change my test-optional answer. That option goes away before they make decision, usually night before.

1 Like

I applied around the 17th of November. Do you think i would get a decision soon? How long does rolling admission usually take to get back?

Hi - first post on CC. My son was just accepted to 2+2 for Smeal. He’d like to change his major (probably DUS) and try for UP. Does anyone know the process for asking to be reconsidered for a different major? Thanks!

I can’t imagine before January since the early actions have until Dec 24th? I have no idea though when regular decision comes.

did you check at 8 PM EST? We are on the PST so trying to figure out when best time to check

I do think it was sometime around 8pm when I checked and noticed it was missing for my daughter. :+1:

1 Like

Per the website, you will be notified by Jan. 31.

Something has changed on DS23’s application page, but I can’t figure out what it is. Every other time that we checked to see if the Test Optional link was present/missing, we had to scroll down in order to see it. This morning, it is still there, but it was visible without scrolling. Nothing has changed in the browser settings (like font size or zoom), so that makes me think that some other link disappeared. ??? Anyone else notice this?

The option to apply to Schreyer Honors is gone. We are waiting impatiently too. Congrats and good luck to all!

1 Like

Our Schreyer Honors button is gone too. Does that mean anything (other than he’s not a candidate for the honors college)? Any indication that we’re closer to a decision?

The deadline to apply was 12/5 so it is just simply not an option anymore.

2 Likes

My son was admitted this morning to the College of Arts and Architecture with the intended major of Digital Arts and Media Design. I’ll post his stats on the decision board as well but he was test-optional, in-state, and UW GPA of 3.8. Three siblings and both parents went to Penn State. (But I don’t think he is!)

6 Likes

Grats! Where is he considering?

2 Likes

Congrats!

1 Like