Penn State Class of 2027 Official Thread

I got UP. I originally applied as a market major in the business school, but I didn’t realize pre calc was a requirement, so I changed to Advertising and Public Relations in the school of communications

You will not need lionpath until you are a student at Penn State. You will just confuse yourself prior to then. They will help you schedule at NSO - New Student Orientation which doesn’t occur until spring/summer.

Everything you need will be in the application portal.

Accepted student days will be occurring all through spring. You will be able to schedule.

1 Like

I know a lot of us were waiting on College of Nursing acceptances - my daughter was accepted for nursing at Erie this morning (UP was 1st choice). Just wanted to let everyone know there was some movement finally.

For reference sake, she did get into Pitt Nursing, but will most likely accept for a Physician Assistant 5 year BS/MS program (she’s been admitted to 1 so far, and still waiting to hear back from a few others).

My son was also accepted for Erie… UP was his top choice… no interest in Erie :frowning: He found out last night (nursing as well)

1 Like

Nursing has become so competitive. Can you share her stats?

do they send out decisions on weekends?

1 Like

I don’t think so.

@NJmom3G Sure thing!
4.1 Weighted / 3.9 UW
Test Optional
5 sciences total (incl 2 AP + Human Anatomy)
4 math total (AP Stat)
Honors English & History all 4 years
6 dual enrollment - Chem 1 & 2, Physics, Statistics, Psychology, Sociology
Volunteers in the hospital 4 hrs/week
3 Shadowing Experiences (2 PA + 1 MD)
25 hrs/week working (held job for over a year)
1 Varsity sport, NHS, Key Club
Applied: UP Nursing (not accepted), Erie Nursing as 2nd option (ACCEPTED)

1 Like

Wow! I am shocked that she didn’t get into main campus. It just proves how competitive nursing admissions have become.

4 Likes

Agree she should be proud of her credentials :slight_smile:

1 Like

We knew it would be tough, but were still hoping. It will be interesting to see the stats of those accepted - and if they were TO. Luckily, she has other great options, and has been leaning toward PA (rather than NP), so while a hit to the ego for sure, I don’t think this will bring tears. Now to keep my mouth shut until she checks the portal or gets notification in the mail.

2 Likes

We are waiting to hear on nursing as well and submitted SAT’s. I will ask her to check when she gets home. She didn’t share her password with me :rofl:.

Anyone else still waiting for digital art and media design major (school of arts and architecture)? I assume next week is the last before the school closes down for break?

My sons were just admitted yesterday and today for the School of Architecture. Maybe the acceptances for that school are later/running behind?

2 Likes

I thought I read on here that decisions went out only once daily at midnight - does that seem to be the case or is anyone receiving decisions during random hours of the day? Just want to know so we can avoid refreshing the portal all day long!

1 Like

That is correct and confirmed by PSU’s admission office to a member here somewhere.

1 Like

I thought they send you a notice saying that you do not meet the prerequisites rather than deferring you and then have you choose an alternate major.

1 Like

DD did not get in either but luckily has already gotten in to her 1st choose which coincidentally does not offer nursing. Her GPA both unweighted and weighted 4.0/4.37 with a 1410 SAT and she will have her CNA when graduating from HS thru an advanced program. She only had a handful AP’s maybe 3. Spanish Club, Key Club, and 2 years of JV Sport she did not go back to when school returned in person, has a job she’s been at over 2 years. OOS.

She really wants a warmer climate, so luckily she was not upset but feels “embarrassed” so she said.

Hello! Just noticed my TO button disappeared and I tried to log in to lionpath and I found an acceptance letter but it was for Brandywine not UP. Does this mean I didn’t get into UP?

DD wanted UP for nursing, but got Altoona. Test optional. Admittance in portal this morning. Mom is alumni. Was afraid that would happen… at least they finally told her so she can decide. I don’t mind the idea of Altoona- could swim there, but the having to stay all four years worries me that she’ll have a lot of friends transferring after sophomore year. Seems like that would be awfully sad watching them go.