Penn State Class of 2027 Official Thread

My son did not get into his major at UP. Accepted to second choice campus. Does anyone know the process to reapply as undecided? We have 2 other kids at PSU now. Dreamed of them being together. :frowning:

Has anyone been admitted with a summer start date yet ?

In same situation. Didnā€™t realize major DD applied to was very hard to get into. Interested to see if she can be considered for a different major at UP. Only campus we would consider.

1 Like

At 6:30 am there was a message in the portal(updating your application details- check back later), and then a little after that it was another message (having trouble/trying to fix it). At around 10:00am it had the acceptance to Altoona. I donā€™t knew if it always goes through that process or just if theyā€™re accepting to branch instead of the first choice campus- maybe it has to transfer systems.

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry. We know it will work out for our kids, but it hurts to be denied. Best wishes.

1 Like

correct, not sure what your major is but you can call and try and change the major to see if you can still be considered for UP. Good luck!

2 Likes

Yes, my daughter was just accepted to Smeal last night with a summer start.

1 Like

Congratulations! May I ask whatā€™s her GPA and did you submit SAT score? Thanks.

My daughter applied to Smeal also. TO button disappeared and admission decision showed up but has a highlighted message that they are unable to retrieve her admission info and to check back later. 2 squares showed up about information for accepted students, one is for summer session, one is for financial aid, and one saying WE ARE, but not word on admitted or not.

My sonā€™s portal has the error message - Sorry, we are unable to retrieve your application details. Please check back later as we are working to resolve this issue. There is info for admitted students though and under the campus tab it says UP. Is there a way to access the letter?

My DD was excepted last night into Smeal with a summer start. We are beyond excited!!

2 Likes

Congratulations! May I ask whatā€™s her GPA and did you submit SAT score? Thanks.

4.0 GPA/ test optional/ dual enrolled her senior year with 24 credits at Bloomsburg University in ACE.

What major?

I havenā€™t looked but people are saying you can see the letter through lion path. Iā€™ll try for my daughter

Thank you. Thatā€™s awesome. Smeal is a great school and students love their summer start at UP. Congrats again!

Ok I went in Lion Path and donā€™t see where people are finding the acceptance letter. I assume to log in there is some type of acceptance but I donā€™t see the letter to show where. (My dd was accepted last week to UP)

Business

I found the acceptance letter - itā€™s in the communications center. Thanks.

1 Like

My daughter has the same information, but she cant access anything.