Penn State Class of 2027 Official Thread

Thank you. When I called today, they said to expect to hear end of January/beginning of February. I was surprised. Hope it’s earlier.

1 Like

did you apply early action?

Communications tab!

1 Like

Thank you! Does having access to LionPath mean that a student has been accepted or not necessarily? Do you know? Is it just a place to see a decision?

LionPath is for all people who created a PSU account i’m pretty sure. If you don’t see a decision there, you will see one at midnight 100%.

1 Like

Yes, EA.
Admissions rep I spoke to today said they send remaining decisions out to applicants who didn’t receive one yet. Then they will respond to reconsideration requests. Yet I’ve heard sooner than that from others. I guess we have to be patient, as hard as it is.
My son wanted to reach out to an admissions officer who represents our region, and they said there is none. That surprised me.

Congrats!!!

Ugh, admitted to Harrisburg which is not something we will do. Hope you all get better news!

Admitted! UP for summer. DUS 3.68 TO
So happy!

6 Likes

Son’s TO disappeared earlier today and his acceptance just showed up in Lion Path - to UP Fall start!!

8 Likes

Before my to button disappeared I couldn’t get into Lions path. I figured just for accepted however but could be branch etc

2 Likes

It finally happened! TO button disappeared tonight for my son and acceptance in Lion Path to UP for fall! He is DUS! Will post stats on decision thread. We are thrilled!!!

4 Likes

Did you finally get to see the letter? Hope it’s good news! Lionspath can only be opened up if you get an acceptance - once you are in there you go under communications tab and it should show the letter. Click on ‘detail’ to get to the hyperlink for it so you can open it. If it doesn’t show up yet…it will soon. My son’s TO button went away at 9 EST and by 10 EST the letter showed up. Right at midnight the portal was updated to show acceptance right when you log in. Good luck!

Thanks for everyone’s help! My son got accepted to UP for Computer Science with a summer start which is what he wanted! Saw the acceptance letter on LionPath!

10 Likes

DS23 got into Industrial Engg with Summer Start at UP! We had switched the major from Smeal (Supply Chain) with No Summer Start to Industrial Engg with Summer Start. This was after we extensively researched CC forums (Summer Start / No Summer Start, DUS or not) and after he got into Pitt for Business (Finance) in late Sept. He is deciding between Industrial Engg (closest Engg major with some Business focus) and pure Business. Thanks to all for your help!

4 Likes

TO might be the better option since his GPA is strong. When PSU went test optional, the majority of students who submitted SAT or ACT test scores had high enough scores to feel comfortable sending them in…so it skewed the average test scores for those classes. The middle 50% of students accepted last year to UP (summer and fall) had SAT scores between 1270 and 1450. Penn State probably won’t want to take too many scores beneath this range as they’d risk lowering their overall student profile stats. An admissions rep told me not to submit my son’s score if it fell below 1300, so they are definitely pushing applicants in that direction to boost their own stats.

1 Like

is there anyone who still hasn’t heard?

My son is still waiting

True and I heard the same.

After reading this thread, I asked my son if he wanted to change to DUS instead to have a higher chance. He obviously won’t be able to take the summer option since he is an international student and visa arrangements etc will take time. He refused though and will take his chance instead for Fall and Smeal. Well, we can only pray for the best