Penn State Class of 2027 Official Thread

Yes, we did make that change. Like four days ago. Last min decision. It happened so fast. TO was there and no decision and then 1/2 hour later TO still there and decision. Didn’t even have to go search in Lion Path for acceptance letter, it was just there.

1 Like

Penn State does not offer financial assistance (merit or need-based) to international students.

Our D was admitted this week to College of Liberal Arts, UP/summer start. Looking at last year’s thread, the LA decisions mostly seemed did come on the later side, so here’s hoping your daughter gets her decision soon!

1 Like

Amen, and 100%. All of us, as parents (I have two PSU grads and scores of PSU grads among their friends) need tothink hard about students getting OUT, not just getting IN.Think about a good match, think about who your student is now. College will never magically transform the disorganized liberal arts kid into a detail oriented self motivated math whiz. Penn State is great…but it is very sink or swim. Nobody holds their hand or backstops mistakes. Lots of help for those who seek it, though.

Summer start is lovely – whether it is “less than” isn’t the relevant question. First years don’t walk around with their admit stats on their forehead, you know :slight_smile: Summer is a great choice if you can make the finances work. Not only do they get acclimated, but it also gives them breathing room to drop a course later, or take a slightly lighter load during a term with heavy lifting.

My oldest graduated several years ago and is off this weekend to attend a wedding for one of his LEAP family – as are almost all of the other “fam” members. They still are bonded, years later.

6 Likes

@Dslcoop I think it means they are waiting on some UP admits (who probably have higher GPAs) to decline their offer thus making space for requests from students not admitted to UP. So I guess it’s like being waitlisted to UP. This is just my assumption.

1 Like

@collegeboundin20 Any update??

If you don’t check your portal regularly, how long does it take after the portal shows the admission before you get an email or something in the mail? My son is not checking, which is GOOD, but I’m wondering how much longer it could take until we hear his status?

It was almost a week later we received in the mail. No email

Son was accepted dec 9, no email just checked portal. Envelope arrived yesterday. Good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks so much!! If it’s only a week I’m leaving well enough alone. I’m glad he is not checking the portals and is being patient. lol. Pretty sure if it were me I’d be checking the portals!!

I was in the same position - took a little under a week and my daughter received a package in USPS - just beware, the envelope says congrats, but doesn’t tell you which campus until you get a few lines into the letter inside… Good luck!

3 Likes

Thanks for the head’s up!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh yes! I think I posted earlier in thread…but son was accepted to UP - Fall Start on Dec 12th. It’s the school he wanted most so was beyond relieved!

3 Likes

can anyone else please tell me that they still haven’t heard so we don’t feel like we’re the only ones!!

Right there with you. My daughter is still waiting.

I know I said this before but my son who is now a Junior got his decision on 12/20 in 2019 (Liberal Arts, UP Summer Start). My daughter’s GPA and class rigor are stronger than his - and having her brother there should be a small factor so I think she expected to hear sooner - even knowing that there is no rhyme or reason to how they process. So…. we wait.

We haven’t heard as well … :pleading_face:

I’m just going to throw this out there. Our TO Did not disappear last night. When he logged on at midnight his decision was there(along with TO) and like I said earlier, his decision was not there at 11 PM. I believe had he logged onto lion path earlier he would have seen his decision before midnight. Just something to think about…

@blueblanket1 we have 2 neighbors that haven’t heard yet

Same. They said it could be 8-12 weeks.

Haven’t heard a peep