Penn State Class of 2027 Official Thread

DS accepted to UP!

5 Likes

This is good advice. After fretting about it far too long, I emailed admissions today only to learn that he missed the EA deadline because of some outstanding supplemental materials (even though his application was on time). I really wish I had contacted them sooner and saved myself the stress of checking this darn portal 17 times per day the last four weeks. My heart is broken for my kid who messed this up, but thought he did everything right. I’m mad at myself for making the decision not to oversee this process because he “has to grow up some time.” My question at this point is how much less likely our chances at admission are now that we are bunched in with the December 1, decision by January 31 batch of RD applicants. For reference, he is 1400 SAT, 3.98 UW/4.45 W GPA, 4 AP and 15+honors/GT applying to UP Atmospheric Science Program.

1 Like

I’m very sorry this happened and that you are going through it. But your son’s academic achievements are fantastic and if I were a betting person, my money would be on an acceptance to UP. Hang in there!

Thank you so much. These are hard, but necessary, learning experiences for our kiddos. I appreciate the kind words.

1 Like

Just got admitted to UP!!! :tada:

8 Likes

Letter just showed up in liopath accepted for the Summer for School of agriculture :blue_heart:
thank you to all who shared the great advice, students stats, and positive energy. It was great to have so much support on this forum. So relieved and so excited! Good luck to all who are still waiting, it is so worth the wait💙

5 Likes

DD admitted to UP :tada:

6 Likes

I think he will be good! Good luck!

1 Like

Checking to see if you heard back at all from admissions on the email? my daughter sent something on Saturday so not expecting a quick answer but wondering how long it really will take.

1 Like

@Agthompson73 ugh I’m going to reach out to admissions tomorrow because we most likely are in the same boat my son applied on time however he was emailed after the cutoff for EA that his SRAR was not completed …

My heart breaks for you. But I agree that your son has a strong chance with what you posted. I regret we didn’t choose summer start as backup option. Maybe think about doing that. Best of luck.

Accepted to UP!!!

8 Likes

Accepted to UP for fall!! Posted stats on Decision Thread. This group has been such a great resource. Thank you!!!

5 Likes

Congrats! I know you’ve been stressed so great news!

1 Like

Congrats to everyone who has heard to date! Don’t forget to post your stats on the decision thread for future generations of applicants.

Thank you very much. We did choose summer as an option so hopefully that will help his chances.

4 Likes

Just got off the phone with Admissions and sadly because my sons SRAR was submitted after the EA cut off she told me he will find out prior to Jan 31st :disappointed: and that he is in the second round of admission notifications . So we can stop checking every hour on the hour till after the holiday I feel awful for him fingers crossed for some new year good news ….good luck to all EAs !

Sorry to hear this happened to you as well. Hopefully we will hear something in the early part of January. It has been really hard not to keep checking, even though I know for sure now that nothing is coming this week. Good luck!

1 Like

For those still waiting for decisions, PSU admissions just posted on social media that their offices will be closed for winter holidays Dec 23 - Jan 2nd.

1 Like

Has anyone who applied to CS heard yet?

1 Like